Discrimination at Superbowl, or Money Makes You Above The LAW?

F

Fred_M

Notice how at the Superbowl a man streaked onto the field with a www.myaddress.com on him and how he was slammed to the concrete by the cops with the knee in his neck and how two other cops played wishbone with his arms handcuffing the dangerous felon. Notice how Janet Jackson shows her boobs and she isn’t arrested? What’s up with that? Why wasn’t she slammed into the concrete? If I were that guy I would be contacting the NAACP for discrimination. What’s the law for one should be the law for all. Another embarrassment for Police and strong-arm tactics? Also, exposing one self must be a family trait in some families? Is it money, fame, or race that allows one person to be roughly busted and another to go free? I think they need to arrest Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake and fine CBS for ethics violations. FRED

F

Fred_M

But not in the USA in public. The police arrest women at MadiGras, Springbreak, and Sturgis every year for doing the same thing Janet did. Why not her??? FRED

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Ahh, the power and versatitiy of Velcro. He really had to tug on that to get it to release like they planned.

Got to admit though, those folks get away with a lot more than up ordinary people. I think it's called "selective enforcment", or "gee, that MTV crowd really know how to party". :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

Nscale4

Jan 14, 2004
does it matter?
Visit site
They also had some the commercials have cursing in them. Then someone tried to sneak in a Bush commercial(but was turned down) about paying the federal debt & kids working. I think they should be playing in the freezin cold & have high school bands as the halftime show. That's what they had in the first "super bowls"

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I agree with Nscale4
This is a football game for heavens sake so why all the nonsense about the halftime show. That's the time I go and replenish the goodies for the second half. It was a good football game with excellent defence in the first half and some aggressive offence in the second half.

Medicine Man

Dec 17, 2003
Medicine Hat Alberta
Visit site
They should try to play under CFL weather.-30c and snow.
The "streaker" would of thought twice before freezeing his "willy wonka" off. and Janet would not of been able to "expose" anything under 4 layer's of caraboo hide.

:eek:

MM

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
------------------------------------------------------
Deleted Line
----------------------------------------------------

America is so immature when it comes to nudity. The country is like a group of tennagers. In Canada it is OK for women to go topless and some do on hot summer days. There are some immature people who act just like Lenny and Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley. (Except L&S was supposed to be the 1950s). But most just glance and say nothing. The same thing goes if a mother is breast feeding a baby in a mall. Most just smile and say what a cute baby.

-------------------------------------------------------
Deleted Line
------------------------------------------------------

By Mikey (Moderator)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Will,

Ya mean that if a woman walked topless into a bank in downtown Ontario that no one would care? Well, maybe we are a bit prudish here, but I doubt that it would be OK anywhere.

Society has to set some standards for decency. Seems as whenever they lower the bar a bit there are people in the entertainment industry that immediatly try to duck under it. They ignore the complains and outrage, and the bar gets lowered once again; only to find those that now want to duck under it once more just to see if they can get away with it and to generate some reactions.

We have come a long way since censors required separate beds for married couples on-screen and timed a screen kiss for fear it was too long or too passionate. The bottom line is money. How far can we go to shock the public, and how much can we make in doing it?

How far would you like to see the bar lowered? We are getting close to rock bottom now. If Madonna wants to kiss Brittney or if Janet wants Justin to rip her clothes off, fine, just not allow them to do it in public. "Change the channel" some say. Well, if they announce in advance that these things were going to happen, we would have that option.

I guess I have to ask, what is the value of doing something like this? Is it entertainment or is it for publicity and notariety? In any event, these thing really are all about how much money they generate in the long run.

F

Fred_M

Originally posted by Tileguy
And this relates to trains and modeling in what way??
Well, it says in the title bar on www.the-gauge.com that I can talk about anything I want here in General Talk. Does this not qualify an ANYTHING? What disturbed me was the violent nature with which the cops arrested the streaker who was later show to have his privates covered, but how they blew of the bare breast of Janet, which the law arrests kids for doing in Corpus Cristy Texas during spring break. They haul them away in cuffs and blankets to a paddy wagon. So why was Janet not arrested for flashing in the same state? I care less what people show in Canada or what the values have sunk to in either country, and I'm not being a teen about this:mad: . I am asking why local law enforment let it go? They were there, they arrested the streaker man. This is about appling the law equally. FRED

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Originally posted by ezdays
Will,

Ya mean that if a woman walked topless into a bank in downtown Ontario that no one would care? Well, maybe we are a bit prudish here, but I doubt that it would be OK anywhere.

Yes, that is exactly right. Being topless in public is legal.

My buddy was over in Europe in 2001. He sent me pictures from Holland and Germany. He said that in Amsterdam, a woman walked naked from her hotel, one block to a public steam/sauna bath, what surprised him most was the fact that no one over there seemed to care.

He sent pictures from Germany, some little coastal town on the North Sea, of two couples (2 men and 2 women) walking along the street from their hotel to the beach. The beach was a nude beach and so were they. When he asked the waiter at the cafe he ws having lunch at, the guy said. Oh, they are from the hotel up the street, people always go to the nude beach here, we have the best beach for miles.

The one thing my friend noted is that things like rape and sex crime is very low in Europe. Prositution is legal, cheap and monitored by the Health department there. So rape is low.

I guess even Canada has some maturing to do.

F

Fred_M

Originally posted by Will_annand

The one thing my friend noted is that things like rape and sex crime is very low in Europe. Prositution is legal, cheap and monitored by the Health department there. So rape is low.

I guess even Canada has some maturing to do.
Rape isn't about sex, it's about dominance and control. I'm sorry, but I don't consider lowering ones social values as maturing, I consider it to be back sliding into an pre-civilized state and to be animalistic. At the current rate of social decline I see murder becoming legal at some future point if the person can prove they were justly provoked in their mind. Wait, that's already happening, esp. if you have influence and/or money. I predict that murder will be legal if someone posts something you disagree with on the net. FRED

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
you say "lowering social values", I say maturing to a level where the social values are raised so that you don't get the prepubescent thrills out of seeing a breast or naked body.

It is like a lot of things that are forbidden when you are young, driving, drinking, smoking are three that come to mind. Tennagers over indulge in all three as soon as they are "legal".

I have several Italian friends who gave their children wine with every evening meal. Now they are adukts, and they never went through that "lets go out and get drunk" stage that so many of their peers did, why cause it was no big deal to them. Same thing with children of Naturists, they seem more well djusted and in tune with themselves and very tolerent and considerate of others.

Kids learn from their parents, so we need parents to start accepting better the things in life or accepting attitudes that change perception. An American kid in the 50s was taught to spit on someone who was a different color. Yes, I have seen it, when I was a teenager, I went on an exchange program from my school to a Philly school. On saturday, the father of the two teenagers was in the garage with myself and his two sons. It was a warm day, two black men drove slowly down the road in a convertible, looking around. As they past, the father asked the boys if they wanted "niggers" in the neighbourhood, they both spit on the ground and said "no', and they would beat some sense into them if they tried to stop here. I was appauled, but this was 1969 America.

It was acceptable back then for a father to hit his kids and his wife if they disagreed with him. I remember my Dad, back in 1964, was in a mall, and my brother said something to him, he gave my brother the back of his hand to the face so hard it knocked him on his backside. Several men around said it was "good" that my dad taught his children respect. Today, he would be taken away as an abuser, to that I say society has matured.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Forgive me for confusing what is "legally right" with what is "morally right". Because something is not specifically declared as against the law, doesn't always make it acceptable behavior in a civilized and orderly society. I really doubt that there are people walking the streets of Ontario naked or even topless on a regular basis, even if it isn't illegal.

But that not withstanding, I agree with Fred that we do have double standards when it comes to "entertainers". MTV is a prime example of that by glorifying those that "sing" raunchy lyrics and use foul language, then defending their constitutional right to air them; while most others can get arrested simply because what they said "offended" someone, then they get charged with "harrasment". Then there are those that get away with suppressing that which is decent, again, hiding behind the constitution.

Around here topless bars are legal and isolated. I would no more bring my grandkids into one knowing what goes on inside. Would you bring your kids or grandkids there?

Sorry if my moralistic values get some people upset, but I like it that way and am exremely proud of the fact that I am that way.:thumb: :thumb:

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
This is a friendly reminder that you are to be respectful to each other in this forum. Putting down another persons country, it's laws or leaders is not respectful. Many moderated forums would remove such threads or close them. Please be kind to your fellow gaugers, weather you are pro or anti breast.