Disapointed in Atlas True Track 9 inch straight terninal

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I ordered a number of track items to inclued two 9 inch straight track terminals.

The first one had the scews in so type I was lucky to lossen them without wrecking the hole piece.

The second didn't make contack with a rail and required some work and time on it.

Once getting them tacked down they had to be reset a few times again with differnt pressure and tightnesto let the terminal strip make contact with a rail, the scews units with a brass strip simply touch rail from below and are not soldered or cripmed in place. Securing the section to the track to tight or two loose they may fail to make contact with the rail above the brass strips

I also have a switched with dead spots over the frog but that is common with some switches.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
I used to solder those brass strips to the rails. Eventually I got so fed up with problems with Atlas track that I stopped using it altogether. That money was better spent on track that I didn't have to tinker with right out of the box.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Yes and I have done that , also used rail joiners with wires soldered on but I wanted to use theses and have it look good. They are working now but I was surprised that they were so crappy coming from Atlas.I hear you Jeff

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I've never ceased to be amazed that the same company that offers such fine running locomotives make such universally awful track! If you use track made by Atlas, expect to spend as much time tinkering with the track as you do running trains, except for switches. In the case of Atlas switches expect to spend at least twice as much time tinkering with the track as you do running the trains.