Disabling Thread Subsciption

Ironhead

Everytime I post in a new thread I get an email notification for each and every post that follows. Very unnecessary and annoying, and I see no way to change the default setting in the control panel. Anyone know how to disable it?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Ironhead said:
Everytime I post in a new thread I get an email notification for each and every post that follows. Very unnecessary and annoying, and I see no way to change the default setting in the control panel. Anyone know how to disable it?
You were listed as "instant email notification" on your thread subscriptions. I changed it for you so you shouldn't be getting them anymore.

Let me know if that didn't do it.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I like getting e-mails showing new posts in the threads I have been posting in but that is just me lol

Go to user CP at the top. Click edit options on the left side. Scroll down to the box that says Default Thread Subscription Mode and use the drop down menu and select no e-mail notification. You can also change other options in this place

Hope this helps :thumb: :D

cidchase

I like getting 'em also. And I use the heck out of "New Posts". There is one problem,
however. If I leave for a period of time (I don't know how long), my "Time last visited"
gets reset, and any new posts I did not look at disappear. Now this is the question:
if the time is reset, and there are NO new posts, I'm given the option of seeing all posts
within the last 24 hour period. Is it possible to have this option always available??

ezdays

Out AZ way
cidchase said:
I like getting 'em also. And I use the heck out of "New Posts". There is one problem,
however. If I leave for a period of time (I don't know how long), my "Time last visited"
gets reset, and any new posts I did not look at disappear. Now this is the question:
if the time is reset, and there are NO new posts, I'm given the option of seeing all posts
within the last 24 hour period. Is it possible to have this option always available??
I'm not quite sure what your asking Cid. But here's how it works. When you show up here, all the posts since your last visit show up under "new posts". They show as "unread" until either you read them, or after you've had not activity for thirty minutes. That means that if you don't log off, you can leave and come back within that thirty minute period and your "unread" posts will still show as such. Your "last visit" time resets when you either log off or when that 30 minute time period is up.

Ironhead said:

Use the thread tools in the forum tools menu.

cidchase

Hey, Don, there is a feature which allows you to view all new posts from the last 24 hours.
It only shows up AFAIK if there are no new posts when you return. The question is, is it possible to have this feature always available? That way if the 30 minutes have elapsed you still have a way to view the "old new" posts which may not have been read.

ezdays

Out AZ way
cidchase said:
Hey, Don, there is a feature which allows you to view all new posts from the last 24 hours.
It only shows up AFAIK if there are no new posts when you return. The question is, is it possible to have this feature always available? That way if the 30 minutes have elapsed you still have a way to view the "old new" posts which may not have been read.
Cid,

We could disable that 30 minute time-out, but then every time you came back, all the threads you didn't care to read would still be in your "new post" list, which could then grow to many pages long within a short time. Not everyone wants to read all new posts in every forum, so I think it's best left the way it is now.

or you could just click on thread tools and then click on "unsubscribe from this thread"...

I don't know, just a thought...