Directional Differences

Steve Lancaster

:confused: Hello,

I just installed a Digitrax DZ143PZ Decoder in my Rivorrossi Heisler and have found that it runs fine in reverse, but poorly in forward. I assume it to be the fault of the locomotive, but I am unsure as to the cause. Any Ideas? I am using a Digitrax Zepher system.

Thanks Steve

steamhead

Hi Steve,
Did the loco run fine before you installed the decoder (that is, on DC only)? Does the loco have a PC board where you connected the decoder to? If the answer to the first question is "Yes", the loco is not the problem, If the answer to the second question is also "Yes", you probably have to remove (just snip off) the capacitors on the board (the little yellow thingies...). If the loco came with a manual, read it. There should be a reference to the problems caused by capacitors when running on DCC.
Good luck!!
Gus.

Steve Lancaster

Well I took my Hiesler appart and the circuit board appears not to have any caps that I can see. It has some resisters and some surface mount items. I wonder if this is a newer version. The guild that came with the engine makes no mention of caps, only plugging the decoder in and going on from there.