dioramas?

HOtrainman

Jan 15, 2007
McKinney, TX
OK. I have this layout at a family member's house in Vermont (I live in Texas) that a work on every summer when I go there. It is partially complete. I am wondering if I should wait for that layout to be finished to take pictures w/out all of the foam showing, or make a diorama where I am now so I can have good pictures?

do you think that it would be waste to make a diorama now, or wait to finish the layout?

And if you have any pictures, could you post them please.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
HOtrainman:wav: , i cant answer your question on what you should do....thats up to you:winki: . A good friend of mine, Mark(Chessie4155) just recently posted this thread http://forum.zealot.com/t119433/ , perhaps it might help:winki: .:smilie: -Deano

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
At the bottom of this page (the thread you are reading right now) there are several other threads listed in a box labelled "Similar Threads". This is a neat new feature (at least I think it's neat ;)) of The Gauge. Perhaps the advice you are looking for is in these discussions...?

Personally, I would build a little diorama to have for the time when I am not at the other layout. Alternatively, you could finish a part of the layout to completion to have the photo location you want. But that's only if you can wait...!

Andrew

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Both! We all like to see pics of layouts, even with just the benchwork showing. TomPM built a few dio's that had me convinced in the beginning that he had a larger layout, which he didn't start until later.

I would build a seperate dio for your own for pics to keep you happy when you are not in NH.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
At the bottom of this page (the thread you are reading right now) there are several other threads listed in a box labelled "Similar Threads". This is a neat new feature (at least I think it's neat ;)) of The Gauge. Perhaps the advice you are looking for is in these discussions...?

Andrew
DOH!!!:eeki: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: EXCELLENT IDEA ANDREW!:up: i forgot about this NEW feature:eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: . GREAT IDEA as Tom(TomPM) has some AWESOME stuff on this too!!:thumb: THANKS!:smilie: -Deano

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Trainman...

Just because there's the "similar threads" list below, doesn't mean we won't answer your question too...!! ;) :D

And Tom incorporated all his dioramas into a full layout after the fact too...! Great work.

Andrew