Digitals Yamato

jrts

:D

Good idea Barry.

What I will do is take note of all the ideas in future posts and the one that comes up most I will build. As Yamato comes to an end I will post which one is next. I would like to build a model that a lot of card nuts would like to see thats the reason for the question.

Regards

Rob

Ajax

The fighter, catapult, and C turret all look fantastic, Rob! And thanks for the superglue tip! :D

AJ

Jim Krauzlis

Looking great, Rob!
I liked the CA glue tip in making those delicate pieces.
Next project, huh? Well, I've always been partial to the Bismark, but Scorpio just did that...USS Missouri would be nice, but that GPM model is out of print and I don't think the new version will be out soon (maybe Robson knows of an update on the expected date of release), but you never know. :D
Prince of Wales is a nice idea, Barry!
Whichever one you choose I know it will be a treat to read and see you put her together.
Jim

JRSeese

Looking fantastic! How'd you make that nozzle, and do you have to do anything special to keep it clean and open? What a great tip!

jrts

Hi Josh

Check out page two of this thread and it shows you what you want.
All I use to keep it clear is a needle.

Hope this helps

Regards

Rob

jrts

Hi all

Fitted the blast covers to guns tonight. took some time as they are only one third of the size of the main guns. Going to do the paint work now.

More soon

Regards

Rob

JRSeese

Thanks, I actually read that, but I guess I've been *sniffing* the glue a little too much - shame on me. Back to your fine build!

jrts

:D :D
Barry

While I was digging through the pile of plans for BB43 guess what other ship plans I came up with.

Yes HMS Prince of Wales, with all the detail drawings to go with them.

I have a pile of these things about three feet high.

Regards

Rob

Ajax

^ Sounds great, Rob! GPM's HMS Prince of Wales looks like a great kit.

Normally, I would have suggested my favorite ship that took part in WW2, HMS Hood, but the JSC kit is rather small and the Halinski kit just doesn't look right to me for some reason.

OT question: Has anyone ever seen pictures of the out-of-print 1:300 GPM kit of the Hood? I've only seen the cover on the HMS Hood Association website.

AJ

jrts

Hi AJ

I forgot to say it does not have to be a kit. If there is not a good kit of the final choice, it can always be sratch built. If the build turned out alright it could go up for download, this is what I want to do with Tennessee. Scratch building has never been my problem, it's putting it on to a computor. Thats why it's so good to watch and learn from the others with regard as to how to use the various programs.

Hood will be looked at.

Photos of tonights build will have to wait as my four year old flatterned my camera batt's. :x

More ideas please

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Rob.
Sorry about the camera... is the little one okay? :cry:

Here's another thought I had...how about that grand old lady ARIZONA?
Or a modification to make a model of TEXAS.

Those older battleships have a look about them this is very attractive, I think, and it would be a nice challenge particularly is you try one with the lattice work masts (or whatever is the proper term for those distinctive towers).

HMS HOOD is a great choice too!
Can't say I envy you having to decide...but you can always build another one later. :wink:

Now if you were considering modern ships, I have a whole slew of ideas! :lol:
Jim

Ajax

Doesn't have to be a kit, eh? That opens up a whole new realm of possibilities!

I'll do some more brainstorming and get back to you. :lol:

AJ

57townsman

I would like to propose the I-400 aircraft carrying submarine of the IJN. Do subs count as ships? At least its WWII :wink:

Steve

jrts

Hi Steve

No they don't, they are boats!!!

BUT in my book they do, it's on the list.
I like these huge subs to.

Regards

Rob