Digitals Yamato

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

This is just a quick lesson in being stupid :eek:ops:

When building this model I had the brain wave of converting her to the 1944 shape, great idea :idea:

Well here is the lesson when you go to convert a kit :!: :!:

Check if you have any other models by the same designer or of the era to which she belongs. If its to the same scale even better, it does not even have to be of the same class of ship. A lot of cruisers and destroyers used the secondary armament of battleships as main guns.

Being a fan of Romans ships I bought Fuso and Arizona at the same time.
Barry is building Fuso, so I have been looking at the disc to check out parts ect, as he goes.
I have just spent three weeks researching and designing the extra guns required to convert Yamato.
Only to find that Roman has already done the designs in Fuso
Even the aircraft can be used!!

Oh what a fool I feel, the moral of the story is check what you have first :!: :!:

All that time wasted :evil:

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Yamato 43

Yea but think of all the fun you had doing it anyway lets see the difference between your design and Roman's, could be interesting I think, and it can't be wasted can it. Also you use pencil and paper which is what I would have to do.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Time "wasted"??? Oh, I beg to disagree, it is never wasted time as long as you enjoy the process, mate...and admit it, you did enjoy it, right? :wink:

So, as Barry asked, how does your design and Roman's match up?

Congratulations on setting the viewing record, mate!! :D

Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry Jim

I have only got to the black and white stage with them, as soon as I have done the colour I will post the results. Got to do the superstructure conversion now (extra sponsons for the guns) and finish of the tubs for the deck AA guns.

Between both kits Yamato and Fuso a lot of the work has already been done for the conversion :eek:ops:

Results soon

Rob

Leif Oh

Jan 27, 2004
Goteborg, Sweden
Can I just join in the congratulations - this is a magnificent build, greatly increasing my understanding of the fascination of ship building.

Warm regards, Leif

JohnMGD

Sep 26, 2005
Photographs??????

Hello,

logged in to the forum and like to see the photo's of the Digital Navy YAMATO, but I don't see any photo's in the forum, what do I have to do to see them????

Greetings

JohnMGD.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Mike

Thanks very much, but its not to hard when you build a DN design.

For fit and good instruction diagrams they are second to non.

Take your time have fun and if I can help in any way just shout

Rob

seawolf

Dec 27, 2004
great build :)
any plan for building Bismarck / Tirpitz? sure like to see one build by you man.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi

Bismark and Tirpitz are both on the list of builds to do, as are all the full hull models in 1/200 or bigger are :roll:
I have all the kits I need to build all the fleets of all the major sea powers, some of the minor ones as well :p
Some of the guys here know the amount of kits I have.
But bismark will be right down the bottom of the list as this one has been built to death, no way I could better any of the builds that have been posted on this ship!!

What I will do is put it to a vote when I have finished the builds I have on the go now.
I will list say a dozen kits and build the one that you guys most want to see if any, will be the one
As I did for Missouri, learned a lot from building this kit :D

Thanks again to you guys for the kind words

Have fun with your builds

Rob