Digitals Yamato

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Had a go at finishing the main mast tonight.
Just the card fittings to do and paint it.
the mast has two search light on it that I have built and will fit with the other parts tomorrow.

When this is done it will be back to Big Mo for a few days!!

Regards

Rob

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Tremendous build, Rob! The soldering for the main mast looks impeccable with the way the additional small fittings supplement the main ones. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed mast!

AJ

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Juat a quick question

Does anyone know of a good UV protection spray available in the UK.
The place I got mine from is no longer in business. I can't read the label on mine for the paint ect :lol:

Thanks

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Glad you found it, Mate! :D

I was going to suggest looking through an art shop because they usually carry a slew of sprays to give a protective coat for paintings and other media art, most of which, if you check the label, offer UV protection.

I still wouldn't put that beautiful ship in any direct sunlight for long even with the protective coat. :wink:

Cheers!
Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Yes I said I was going to do Big MO but it was my young lads birthday today and did not have a lot of time for building today he is five. So I finished the mast on the beast.

The shine on the mast is wet paint and has not been fixed in position yet.

In the next few days I will show the results of the hand rail construction, so far I have done them in wire, paper and cottton. (only small sections)

More soon

Regards

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Michael

What was the major difference between the two. I know she was finished in Aug 42 and Yamato in Dec 41 and the sister to them the Shinano was completed as an aircrfcarrier in Nov 44. It would be intresting to compare the two?
After I finish this one I was thinking of doing her again in her 1944 shape, god all guns :lol:

Regards

Rob

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
According to the drawings I found, the only difference between the two (in original configuration of course) was the location of those white lines (no idea what they are, being an airplane guy......)
For the 1944 configuration - do you want to use DN kit or Halinski?

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Michael

Iam going to use DN kit as I have already started some of the conversion, removed the port and starboard 6.1s and removed and in the act of changing the stern fire control tower.

All good fun, but with all that I have on the going is slow. I think the these lines are an extension to the metal flight deck for parking aircraft dollys out of the way while launching other aircraft the wood deck would be damaged by the dollys. I have seen a photo of this somewhere I will dig it out if I can.

Regards

Rob