Digitals Yamato

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Rob,
You okay? It's amazing how quickly a sharp blade will cut through skin, muscle, bone, etc., isn't it? :shock: Took a high speed mini saw to my knuckle once, just a glancing blow, mind you, but it opened up down to white stuff. Took me a whole ten minutes before I could get back to what I was doing on my model...annoying, that! Hope you're okay.

Your episode apparently hasn't affected your beautiful model.
She's looking great! :D

Did someone mention cat-a-pult? :twisted:

Jim

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
On the resource links

http://cache.ussmissouri.org
is a Missouri specific site.

Wunderwaffe is a fascinating site for information on ships and planes, but notoriously slow. By the time you've downloaded 2.5gb of plans and pics from it you will be significantly older than you are now.
There is more of interest but the main listings of postings are at
http://www.wunderwaffe.narod.ru/
and
http://www.wunderwaffe.narod.ru/Old_News.htm
In each posting the main items of interest are usually at the bottom of the list of contents and labled Чертежи (Drawings) and Иллюстрации (Illustrations).
Do have fun.

In print a good resource, with clear pics of many details including the twin skeg arrangement, is -
Iowa Class Battleships: Their Design, Weapons and Equipment by Robert F. Sumrall, ISBN: 0870212982
- but the plans, whilst good, are reduced to about 1:650 scale and some are a bit binding bound.

Jim, I shall try not to be quite so coy in future.
Rob, you poor bleeder. :D

Cheers
Maurice

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Maurice

The info is great, I was at it until 3am downloading the stuff.

Most ships are sent in to harms way by political morons who don't have a clue how to use them or give them the right back up to do the job.

Result more ships have been lost through orders from on high than bad command by captain and crew.

Ships are never used for what they where designed for!!!

Enough soap box stuff :lol:

Thanks again Maurice

R

rickstef

Rob,

that goes for most if not all pieces of military hardware.

i could post numerous scenarios where this occurred, but I will let it sit for now, not wanting to start something that might be insensitive

Rick

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Just the one photo tonight as a result of the cat attack.

Had to cut the old bridge off and start it from scratch as the old one got a little crushed :cry:

Hope to finish this tomorrow night and get most of the bridge main structure done also.

More then

Regards

Rob

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
Rob, your cat is of the aggressive kind, I see. Mine will not touch paper parts, but will chew on rigging :evil: So as soon as I install any rigging, I have to hide my ships when I'm not around.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Roman

The thing about it is it's not our cat, it's next doors cat.
My lads and I seem to be the only ones able to go near it without being ripped to bit's. It might have to do with us feeding it :roll:

Regards

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

At last I have done all the damage repair and got a little ahead, although not as far as I wanted to :cry:

Just in the bridge sheilds alone the are 50 parts :shock:
This took some time to do, just the paint work now.

A few search light sponsons on both sides added.

More tomorrow

Regards

Rob

PS The cat still has not shown up yet!!

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

A few photos to show what has been done to date.

The stern fire control has been removed as I was not happy with and I gave it an adjustment with my hand (flat). I will rebuild this tomorrow.

With the work that has been done, I think another two to two and half weeks will see her finished. I still don't know if I will put railings on her yet. She is over a metre in length, this means she will require a lot of rails to be fitted :shock:

More tonight

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Rob

Superb build, be careful poor old Jim's going to overdose tonight.

The flat hand strikes again that's my trick, what do you mean the carley floats changed colour.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Beautiful, Rob, just beautiful! :D
Is there a photo etched set of railings for this kit, do you know? Probably an arm and a leg if there were, though. :(
You have made great strides in building her in such a short time, it's hard to believe she might be done in a few weeks...you'll just have to favor us with lots more photos if that's the case. :)
Looking forward to more photos later... :wink:
Jim