Digital Navy's BB-3 Oregon, 1:250

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
Michael this ship is awesome :!: Are the laser cut rails 1/250 scale or 1/200. Also do they take and hold the bends well? They look great :!: I was wondering where you were with this ship. It still reminds me of the scene in the movie "The wind and the lion" where the US Marines landed to capture the capital city of Morocco. They disembarked from the "Great white fleet", in the backround you can see ships similar to yours. Anyways great build :!:

Leif Oh

Jan 27, 2004
Goteborg, Sweden
I think I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this is "picture of the week" quality, if I ever saw one. Love the deep golden tones of the superstructure, contrasted to the red of the hull. And what a flawless build! - Leif

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Michael

I think Leif and Ted have said it all, amazing work

The rails turned out better than I thought they would, one to be looked into for future builds I think

Thanks again

Rob

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
Michael

Excellent ... of course. :D
Do you know the thickness of the paper used for the railings and the width of the rails please.

Cheers
Maurice

murban

Apr 23, 2004
Scheessel, Germany
www.cardinspace.com
Hello friends,

thank you for your kind words.

The paper railing is 1:250 and comes in 2-rail and 3-rail variety. There are different colors available as well as railing 1:200.

The link is: http://www.pleiner-modelle.de/

1:200 railing from another manufacturer is also available from the SPI shop or GPM.

"Technical data":

Height: 4.4 mm
Space between stanchions: 6mm
Handrail thickness: 0,45 mm
other rails thickness: 0,3 mm

best regards,
Michael

Corporal_Trim

Jan 27, 2004
NorCal, USA
Looks wonderful, Michael. The railing turned out just great. 8) If not the exact equal of photoetch, plenty close enough not to quibble about it; not to mention it's much more in the spirit of paper modeling.

murban

Apr 23, 2004
Scheessel, Germany
www.cardinspace.com
Hello friends,

today I finished the rigging. Doing it realistically was quite a challenge - about each photo I have of the original shows slightly different rigging - so I decided to an "average" of what I have seen on the images.

To me it looks ok...

jcrespo

Jun 27, 2004
Georgia, USA
There's not much left to say that hasn't already been said. Nevertheless, let me add my two cents worth: superb build and great thread with super photos. Thanks for sharing all of your efforts.

Joe

murban

Apr 23, 2004
Scheessel, Germany
www.cardinspace.com
Dear friends,

the "Oregon" is now finished. You can find the final photos here: http://cardmodels.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2123

As I am a bit proud of finishing my first larger model, I took the freedom to enter it into the large ship model competition.

For me it was fun to build and I learned a lot while doing so - thanks for all the tips you gave me over the time.

It was fun sharing this build with you and I am already looking forward seeing you again during our "3 model Victory chaos" on kartonbau.de

thanks again for all your encouragement and thank you Roman from Digital Navy for this superb model - there was only one single part that didn't fit right - and that was my fault! Truly a great job and I can recommend Romans models to everyone with a passion for expertly designed models and a little patience.

best regards,
Michael

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Most excellent work, Michael! :D

The laser cut paper railings (still can't believe it's paper!) looks very good! Quite a nice alternative to the shoddy painted strings I've used and a bit different from the photo-etched type.

Superb job of it, my friend, and looking forward to your next project! :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

R

rickstef

read CAREFULLY the links i posted

that should clear up the confusion as to no pictures

Rick

busyguy

Aug 4, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
Help on USS Oregon

Hi, about two years ago when Murban did this truly excellent model of Digital Navy's USS Oregon, their was a thread on a different 6 inch gun that he got from Roman. At the time I asked for, and received, a copy of the file. Unfortunately I was unable to work on my model until now, but have since lost the file. Can anyone help?

Thank you.