Digital Navy Fuso

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi Phillipe

Electric soldering tinned copper thread (fuse wire), never tried epoxy though. I use Robs method, I do not get his results that comes with practice. There are also quite a lot of bits of screwed up wire.

regards

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso searchlights

Hi

Yet another funnel platform photo. For those a bit slow on the uptake like me I finally managed to get the searchlight slats almost horizontal, to do it the easy way build the unit and put the lens on last. My metalwork is not really good enough for this sort of closeup it's OK at a distance.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Funnel cap

Hi

Fitted the funnel caps and the last long ladder still has a couple of rungs missing but better than the last one.

The overall view is just for a change

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso After AA tower

hi all

This bit requires some careful thought and folding and I found in the end a former top and bottom defined the base more securely. Again it is built around a pole mast but I am leaving that just a little longer. So far everything fits well.

As usual there is a large amount of IJN clutter.

barry

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Wonderful job on the funnel structure, barry! Those closeup photos show what a really exceptional job you did in adding all those extra bits and details.

Well done! :D

Ajax

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso Aft Tower

Hi

A bit further forward. I have the feeling I should have cut out the windows in the upper tower, luckily it still is not glued down so I can buld another.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi barry

It looks great to me mate.

He must have his pace maker plugged into the national grid to keep going at it day after day :lol:

More Bazzer when you can :roll:

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
That's some great stuff, Barry!

That section is coming along so very well, with nicely formed compound curves and great work in putting it all together.

At least you posted more than just one photo for us picture addicts. :lol:

Still, and you saw this coming, looking forward to more pictures. :D

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Have to keep going otherwise the fingers lock up, but today the National Grid pulled the plug and even Jim would not want a picture of a few girders added. Comes of having retinal photographs taken could not see the lines tonight, but look on the bright side you got a rest from me (almost)

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
It figures...the moment Roman mentions the power Barry uses to keep on going, and going, and going...boing! The power grid fails! :lol:

Now what are we to do...gotta have photos...photos....Oh, wait.
Rob comes through with three gems of his Huey! :D Excellent! Thanks Rob!

Oh wait...Scorpio posted some of his beautiful new ship project, Schlewig-Holstein! Double excellent! :D

What's everyone else working on, I wonder?

Cecil has a great new plane he's working up from scratch (looking great!) and Tino is starting up a new Halinski model of Ki-43...way cool!

But you know, Barry, we still love to see your updates, really. Hope you get some photos together soon. :D

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso Aft tower

Hi

Oh well somebody put the plug back in. This more or less finishes the aft tower gets a bit interesting building this bit. So on to the guns and hatches etc.

barry

andrewthewise

Feb 6, 2004
New Zealand
Hi Barry,

The Fuso is looking great.
Just wondering, what gsm paper/card are you using. I have Roman's Fuso as well and was planning to start soon...

Cheers

Andrew

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso card size

Hi Andrew

I use 120 gsm 0.25mm thick card I double or treble all the horizontal surfaces wherever possible using white glue.

The pic is X gun barbette hole closed makes it look a bit more complete.

I am going to have to build a turret fairly soon to use as a template to clear the vents and deck clutter.

barry

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
Barry
That's a very good idea with the turret template. The fit is extremely tight, as on the original ship. From Skulski's drawings it looks like #3 turret, when rotating, could clear the tower only with guns elevated :?