Digital Navy Fuso

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
I never doubted it for a minute, Barry. :D

Looks like the hull plating is moving along quickly...are you enjoying Roman's design? I do believe I'm not going to be able to wait for the new version of Arizona and might just have to dive in and get one of these beautiful kits. Between your Fuso and Rob's Yamato, and now Arizona, the design is just so sweet, I can't wait to start one. 8)

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Jim

I'm not surprised mate. Yes Fuso is great fun it would have been even better if I had used Rob's method of laminating all the problems were made by me.

Still say the same buy any of the kits build Admirable because it gives you all the insight into Roman's style that you need.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Jim

Good choice the ones already being built look superb.

Do not forget Constitution though I am enjoying that too !!!!

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso hull sides

Hi All

just before the wind and rain got a couple of pics again the hull sides fit considering the rather wavy foundation but luckily that will soon diappear.

had a slight accident with one of the casement guns but that is easily repaired I think.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso hull plates

and finally one side is finished apart from touching up and finishing the repair to the casement gun.

She is a bit large to get her into one photograph.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
That plating went on well, Barry. :D

One side down, the other to go. :lol:

Seriously, nice fit, real nice fit. Makes all the difference in the world.
Maybe it's me, but my Connie side bulwarks are giving me a little trouble, but I think I figured it out. It's nice to see your bulwarks go on so nicely.

Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

Only another million bits to go :lol: and we are looking forward to each bit :D

Keep it up and look forward to the weathering

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso hull

Hi All

This is a warts an all set somewhere in the starboard casement I got a bit of creep set in, the stern needs a little filling and the bow has come unglued for which I am glad it needs just a little bit more filing.

Not perfect but it will do I should be able to fix most of it, I have looked hard but I can't see any obvious mistakes.

I am a clumsy bugger so if you are too I think I would put 2 of the "L" shaped brackets behind the casement turrets.

So with the mods done it's on to THE TOWER

regards

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Great photos, Barry! :D Another sunny day, I see. :lol:

Considering the length of this bugger there is not much of a "creep" evident from the photos at all. The hull looks great...and so very big!

Looking forward to your tackling the distinctive tower. :D

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi Jim

If I had read and understood the recolouring articles a bit more I could have fixed it anyway but like the soldering I am becoming a very slow learner. At the moment I am within a 1/2 inch of completing the mast ladder on Savage (not a Rob job yet) I have still got to cut it off the jig after that.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso Tower

Hi All

Rolled the tower central support and added the first deck house not stuck down yet. The pole took me ages to roll getting it straight and strong enough certainly made my fingers hurt, but it appears to straight, up and sideways. It's a good clean design to line everything up.

Deckhouse fitted over the tabs precisely so I think that is a good omen for the rest. The deckhouse top is 3 layers of standard card.

Rob

Quick question if I overlaid the ladders as drawn with wire ones what size of wire would be about right.

Phillipe

You must have built this extremely accurately to have done it before the hull.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi barry

Thats a good solid foundation for the superstructure, if the base is right you can't go wrong!!

Just had a look a the Cd and as for the wire, I would use 0.05 (half mil). This can be found in the type of cables that link TVs to VCRs, thats were mine comes from. I have a Big 50mt roll I don't use for anything (left overs from a job).

Hope this helps

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso bow

Hi

To be fair to DN here is a lousy picture of the cleaned up bow, it needs another couple of coats of grey watercolour on the stem but it does meet in the right place.

barry