Digital Navy Fuso

Maurice

Barry

From drawings the originals protrude approximately 4m from the face of the circular shield, 16mm at this scale.
And at least you now know they can be seen.:)

Cheers
Maurice

ehouli

Hi Barry!

Great Build, that Pagoda mast it's very freitning! I think that's one of the reasons it was designed like that besides the utility. It's awesome the lots of details that this model has.

About the casemates, it's hard to tell from the pictures, but I still like how they look ;)

Cheers!

Erick

barry

Reworked barrel lengths

Hi All

Reworked the barrel lengths on the casement guns Rob gave me the overall length of the guns and Maurice supplied the length sticking out and another look at DN's notes. I pushed the barrels through the turret and glued them to the back and now I think they look about right. Thanks fellas.

I also added the 4 paravanes to the foredeck and also the oddly placed AA gun behind B gun mounting.
fuso_278.JPG

paravanes and modified barrels

fuso_279.JPG

barry

DN

Hi Barry
The last pics look great - there is some kind of drama in them, I don't know. The "oddly placed AA gun" is a practice loading machine for 12.7 cm aa guns.

bfam4t6

That is quite an amazing model Barry. You ship building guys blow my mind. You obviously have a tremendous amount of patience in dealing with all of the miniature details of that ship. Great work so far Barry!

Maurice

Barry

I have no specific information to go on, but it occurs to me that the single high angle gun would be very handily placed if you felt the urge to lob a starshell into the darkness of the night. :)

It may also have had that as a function.

Cheers
Maurice

barry

Quad 40 mm

Hi All

Finished the 40 mm AA these are about the absolute limit of my fingers these days. The first one I inserted each barrel into place which was a nightmare. The following ones I cut a small square of card and stuck all 4 barrels on it then stuck the assembly inside the gun housing which was a lot easier.

fuso_280.JPG

They need a lick of paint now they are fixed down and I can't drop them

fuso_281.JPG

Walkways on catapult

fuso_282.JPG

@Maurice

It's a nice idea I did think the previous pics looked as though somebody had lobbed a starshell her way.(total fluke)

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Smashing details, mate! :D

Very nice tip on getting those barrels in place.

Keep at it and more photos when you can, please. :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Seaplane

Hi

First seaplane mounted I can see I am going to have to get one of Jims magnifiers. I will have to do a bit of very gentle tweezer twitching

fuso_284.JPG

Fuselage and main float are made from thin paper the rest is card.

barry

barry

guns

Steve

I would love to buy the smaller guns from you especially the 40 mm but on a UK Old Age Pension I can only dream about such things but best of luck they look great.

barry

Wilfried

Hello Barry,

thank you for your amazing pictures of your great build. When the "Fuso" fenced behind glass, what are your next project?

With the best wishes
Wilfried

Jim Krauzlis

Thanks for the great update photos, Barry! :D

The true beauty of what you've made shows up brilliantly in those large pics, mate. I particularly like the overhead view with the seaplane, photo 873. :shock: There is a whole lot of wonderful little details to be seen in that picture! I do believe you've outdone yourself with this one, dear friend, I really do!! :D

It looks like it is almost done, Barry...what's left?

Keep at it mate, she's a true masterpiece.

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Fuso ships boats

Hi All

Last of the ships boats and the anchors beefed up a bit to give a bit of weight to them.

fuso_288.JPG

fuso_289.JPG

Now for the railing marathon

barry

Jim Krauzlis

It's amazing how a relatively little thing like a set of anchors gives a whole sense of completeness to a ship.... Those last touches, even without what I sense are a considerable set of rails, makes what was a beautiful lady into a spectacular build! :D Brilliant work, mate!

Looking forward to more when you get going on the railings, Barry! :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

cmdrted

Barry, Hats off mate :!: This is yet another gold standard that I show to folks at work. WOWSERS doesn't quite cover it. Your work is one of those bars that are way up there and I only hope to reach, Bully Sir and Huzzah :!:

ehouli

Hi Barry!

Outstanding work! as cmdrted said the WOWs are not enough. The anchors look really good, I hope they don't brake your table when released ;)

Keep up the good work and I still say I have a long way to go to reach the level you are.

Cheers!

Erick