Digital Navy Fuso

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Boat stowage

Hi All

First of all Merry Christmas or Happy New Year or Happy whatever matters to you.

A little forest of boat chocks fiddley but not requiring great thought.

fuso_243.JPG

fuso_244.JPG

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Ships boats

Hi

I never get the boats as smooth as I would like so this time I sanded it and repainted with acrylic paint I think it looks a bit better than last time. I added some oars but the are not painted or stuck down.

fuso_245.JPG

fuso_246.JPG

Have a good day

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi All
Well other than the sun shone on boxing day and one of the pics gave a size indication that's the only reason I could think of. Spent the night building lifeboats but they take quite a long time to get right.

fuso_248.JPG

aft along boat deck

fuso_250.JPG

Standard dinner plates

fuso_251.JPG

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
More ships boats

Hi All

More ships boats including the steam launch, they certainly did pack that aft deck full. Yes Rob it is finally a full hull one. Only another 5 boats to build now.

fuso_252.JPG

fuso_253.JPG

fuso_255.JPG

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
O Boy, o boy! Great photos, Barry! :D

I love the one looking from aft along the boat deck, great perspective of this beauty!!

All of your last photos nicely show the great detail work you have been laboring with these past few days, mate. Extraordinary job!! :D

You ARE going to enter her in the contest, aren't you mate?? :wink:

Keep those awesome photos coming!

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Crowded decks

Hi

I think these pics are almost a rerun of the previous lot except this steam launch must belong to the Admiral cos it's white. They still need the oars etc just did not feel in the mood to cut them out tonight.

Still all of the aft boats look quite impressive together and a pretty tight squeeze to stow I would think. Talk about bang your head in the dark. Sorry about the flash pics maybe the sun will shine next time.

fuso_260.JPG

fuso_261.JPG

fuso_262.JPG

3 seaplanes, 3 triple 40mm AA, mastheads and crosstees and 2 more life boats up the front plus several other small bits and pieces. And somewhen several feet of railings

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Outstanding job on the boats, Barry! :D

You're right, it's a crowded deck area you have there...just wondering if there is a crane around that area to help handle all those little guys.

More photos when you can, mate, sunshine or not. :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Repairs to ships sides and barbettes

Hi All

Time for a few running repairs added back the missing barbettes and also added the tops of the barbettes elevation slots. I have not touched them up as they will be covered hopefully by the blast bags.

I reglued the deck edges in place after fitting the barbettes using the big ships fairleads as glue struts.

Fuso now has the rear cross trees in place.

I fitted one barbette gun as a test seems to fit OK.

There is no way I can fit all the deck rails and other metal bits before the competition ends so I shall not rig the ship as it will get in the way and I shall probably only ship one seaplane on the catapult for the same reason. No point in rushing the finish now.

fuso_263.JPG

fuso_264.JPG

fuso_265.JPG

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Casement guns

Hi All

Added the casement guns now looks like a porcupine they still require blast bags of course.

I can't seem to get the right light to fit the whole ship in one pic.

fuso_271.JPG

fuso_272.JPG

fuso_273.JPG

fuso_274.JPG

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Mike

You could well be right. So Roman what should the length of a casement gun be please ?

At least they are too long not too short.

barry