Digital Navy Fuso

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso foredeck

Hi All

More clutter on the foredeck one of the forward AA guns minus barrels and most of "B" turret vents. Edges have not been touched up as yet' I finally got a winch right by glueing the side plates down first then glueing in the barrels and nipping them tight. I usually get them out of line if I try to build the whole assembly before sticking it to the deck.

Foredeck winches

fuso_221.JPG

Forward AA

fuso_222.JPG

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

Nice work mate.

I would not like to have gone on board this ship after sinking a few beers. You would end up in tne sick bay with broken alsorts :lol:

Always mmore :roll:

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso fore deck fittings

Hi All

Well back to salt water fixed all the vents and hatches, now its the bollards and anchor chains to finish the white bits on the fore deck and then the touching up.

fuso_227.JPG

fuso_228.JPG

fuso_229.JPG

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Thanks, Barry, those full sized photos are stupendous! :D

I've got my hands on some 42 link per inch chain for the rudder chain on Constitution, but it turns out it's just too out of scale. :( I was tempted to "borrow" some fine chain from my wife's jewelry box, but I just couldn't go through with it.... :lol:

Great photos of an outstanding build! Thanks, mate!

So, what's next in finishing this beauty up?

Cheers!

Jim

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Absolutely magnificent, Barry! :D

I love that last shot from deck level; it really gives a sense of how impressive Fuso must have looked. Thanks for the great photos!

AJ

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Main AA batteries

Main AA armament quite interesting to build needs a fair bit of touch up paint but not tonight.

fuso_238.JPG

fuso_237.JPG

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Aft deckfittings

Hi All

Not a good pic neither is thw weather so to be going on with Fuso with a full kit of bollards, vents etc on the after deck. Hopefully thr weather will improve on Sunday.

fuso_239.JPG

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Deck Fittings

Hi

Christoph

Thanks for the avatar as long as it does not upset DN.

Well almost all the white bits have gone the last ones I can't fix until I put in the missing barbettes in the hull and reglue the sides with superglue. The weather forecast is lousy so I had to use these pics for now. Still the planes, secondary AA, catapult and masts to do

fuso_240.JPG

I do not want to see a vent for a while

fuso_241.JPG

fuso_242.JPG

pics for Jim http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ccompro/fuso/PIC_0744.JPG

and 5 and 6. (broadband only)

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

You might not want to see another vent, but we do in some more photos :lol:

Its all worth it for the look and it does look good 8)

All most there and she can join the fleet with the other cracker builds you have done

More soon I hope

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Thank you, thank you, thank you for those extra beautiful pics, Barry! :D

You get a far better idea of the extraordinary work you've done on Fuso from those larger sized photos...absolutely smashing set of photogs! :shock: You can appreciate the small detail work you've added over the last week or so, and get an up-close look at the deck work, towers, oh I could go on and on, it's such a treat! :D

That is such a great idea to use an off-site link so the true majesty of this build can be appreciated...almost as good as seeing her in person, I would imagine...I sure wish I could find my way to your door step to see her and your other outstanding builds!

I know the small vents are getting tiring, but we don't get tired of seeing your updates, that's for sure...so, more when you are able, mate! :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Thanks for all the kind words fellas Jim if you ever get here you will be more than welcome on the doorstep any time.

barry