Digital Navy competition - help needed

wunwinglow

Jan 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
www.kipperboxes.co.uk
You ask ME, if I'd BUILD it or not??!! Coughspluttercough!!! Barry!

(hangs head in shame, and the realisation that he is found out.....)

No, it would get printed out, with the very BEST of intentions, but something else would come along, another documentary on the TV, another trip to a museum, another article in a magazine, another review on a website, and whoosh, off on another tangent.

You know me too well, Barry. Roman, send the CD I voted for to Barry instead. He'll build it alright.

Tim P

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Roman:

I might be wrong, but the only completed "entries" posted are the fantastic builds by Michael and Barry. I would imagine the choice is between those two...if not both! If I have a vote I would choose both as winners (well, you did say "CDs" :wink: ).

How about that? :D

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Looks like word competition scares everyone off so why not look at all the ships in the competition period so I will nominate

Ehouli, Jim, Sticky fingers, Rob, Ted, Darwin et al (someone else can add more) so Scorpio wins and the rest of us fight over the last disk.

We have ways of making you compete

barry

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
WOW! If everyone who entered is a winner...............the next competion should be really full with entries!! :D

You're right barry.................you do have ways to make people compete!!! :D

DN............. I think it's your call............ your work......you get to dole it out. :wink:

Man I love this place!!!!!! 8)

Anyway that's a plane guy's opinion......... and BTW DN the remake looks truly wonderful. I just might have to get it and give it a try................it still has planes on it right? :wink:

wunwinglow

Jan 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
www.kipperboxes.co.uk
Ahhhhh. (sound of lightbulb being switched on)

OK. So I just waltzed over to my Paypal account, send Mr DN some dosh, I'll get the CD in due course, print out the bits, make the model, enter next years competition.

AND WIN IT!!!!!

Crystal clear.

Tim P

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
Hi Guys, Rob, Roman etc, I have to drop out of the competition, by way of I bought the disc the same hour it was released. It is a very cool looking ship, and although I'm a waterliner, I may just build the big red bit. If I had a vote for all the ship threads over the past half year, Of course Scorpio has us hands down, but in 2nds and thirds I don't envy who has to cast the final vote. I like Ehouli,s San Francisco, it is a nice clean, precise build, on the other hand the big Mo' is a class piece, and Darwin's JSC rescale is class, and MUrbans Oregon. Wow come to think of it it is a complicated, Barry's Fuso and now Hood, the SD cargo ship, and the Constitution....... This could be real complicated......

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
Perhaps Kajtek should be consulted, he seems to have a discriminating eye when it comes to detecting excellence in a model.

:lol:

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Guys,

I too have to drop out...I got the CD as well! It was just too sweet a model. :D

I agree with Ted, this is going to be a tough decision! Glad it's not me who has to decide...I'd end up awarding CDs to all. :?

Perhaps it might help Roman if those who want to be considered, and have a ship build thread or entry posted in the forum that meets the contest requirements, send him a private message or email to let him know they would like to have their ship model considered in the running...but, that's just a thought. :wink:

Cheers!

Jim