different Savoya

Z

Zathros

I didn't like it for about 2 seconds then my inner oaf woke up and thought how many kids would love to put something like that together. Good idea. I wish I came up with it. It would be easy enough to post templates and someone could go to Michael's and get the foam. You certainly won't see that for sale in the U.S.! HHmmm?

Posting my own made up templates, would that be wrong? I wouldn't be selling then? Nah, I've got too many pokers in the fire and that could take a whole hour to make!

Super nice find ARMORMAN. Did you notice the called it "Miniature Petite Flying boat, I wonder if it's from some movie, I'd be interested in watching it. :)

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
I'd say it is from the movie and either they are selling it "generic" (as in unliscenced) or it is a translator issue.

I believe it also said it was 1:144, which makes it pretty small...

Z

Zathros

I really feel like making an "interpretation" of that, got any suggestions or advice on it, it would be free, of course, and would give me something to do? :)

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Looks to me as if the model is made of foam. My suggestions would be to "cross section" it length wise.

Z

Zathros

Perpendicular to the center line? That could mean a lot of small pieces but would make a much stronger model. I am going to go to Michael's and see what thickness's they sell this stuff in.

Thanks! :)

Z

Zathros

O.K., I worded it wrong but we be on the same page. It would be neat to make a slightly bigger one, 8" inches or so long, and make it free flight (or line) with a small motor and one of those little recharging batteries. I'll call it the "When Pigs Fly". :)

N

niebla de fuego

It looks nice. A good and different option. I like it. :)