diesel loco's running back to back

skiddgreen

Apr 28, 2003
Visit site
I was wandering if anyone can tell me what would I need to do to have a second and third diesel loco run in a backwards appearance behind a diesel loco that faces in a frontward direction to simulate a realistic appearance of a in-line set of diesel locos?

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
and it will look real, cuz if you can think it up, it's probably been done. Around here you are as likely to see mismatched locos of different models and roadnames as you are matched up. They have MU cables to connect them up, and you can get them to add on as details, but I think the model ones just hang down as if not in use :confused:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Hi Skiddgreen,

Dan's right, they'll all run in the same direction regardless of which way the cab is facing. You may find that your locos don't all run at the same speed though and might have a slower one being pushed by a faster one. I run multiple locomotives by adding dummy (unpowered) locomotives behind one powered engine. Maybe those modellers who prefer to run multiple powered locos might address how they deal with the problem of varied speeds.

Best of luck!
Ralph