Well, now I know what to try to make for my first animation
wink.gif

George

Nice site Woodie!
smile.gif

I wasn't able to view the video here
frown.gif
, so I'll have to try that at home.

Your blue and yellow diesel's paint scheme smacks of Erie heritage. What is it?

George.

Woodie

George,

You are correct. The Victorian Railway (VR) used the Erie colours and scheme in the late 50's & 60's (vith local variations) The same colours included passenger rolling stock that was made in the 60's. In the 70's they moved to grey and orange, and repainted all the rolling stock orange and renamed themselves V/Line. The Erie colours were used when first moving from steam to diesel in the late 50, and as a major overhaul of the railways for the Melbourne Olympics.

TOOT!

Woodie

Just a note.... To see my mini-movies you can "save to disk" then point Windows Media Player at the file. Or set up and association for .avi files to automatically run Windows Media Player. The mini-movies are .avi format.

TOOT!

Woodie

Now.... Who is going to be first to put THAT on their layout!! Leave's Gomez Addams and Unlce Festa for dead, that one!

TOOT!

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Woodie, great looking site, couldn't get the movie to work, how can I see it please.

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 04-27-2001).]

Woodie

When clicking on the "mini-movie" button, it should come up "run from current location" or "save file to disk". If "run from current location" does not work, then you will need to associate .avi files with a medial player. Windows Media Player is fine. Or Realplayer is another one. If you "save to disk" when it has finished downloading, it will ask you if you wish to run the rile. Say yes. If Windows Media Player does not start, then select it from the list. It will probably say "no program associated with this file" or something like that. Find Medial Player on list, click on that, and also tick the "always open with this program" box. Then it all should work automatically. The movie files range between 500K and 1.6MEG, so can take 3 - 5 mins to download if on a dial up internet connection. Hope this helps.

TOOT!

If you have a Mac.... then uuuuuummmmmmm...

The file extensions are .avi so anything that can run those files will work.

Woodie

If it does not come up immediately with "run from current location" or "save to disk" window, then something is wrong. Let me know what messages you get, and I'll try to assist. I'm using Internet Exploder. I do not know how Netscrape will behave.

TOOT!

Woodie

For those that may not have seen or heard it, the video is railfan video of that freight trains smashing into the truck on the level crossing just out of Chicago.