Did LifeLike do E8's?

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
Ll

I have had several LL P2K E8/9s. They are great, and among my favorites. I don't know about the Canadian tags tho. One single E8/9 pulled 102 carson my layout. They weren't NMRA weight cars, and had plastic wheels, so you can see it's a great loco, and smooth as silk.

I don't know if this answers your questions or not.

Lynn

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I love my P2K E8s. They'll pull the knuckles off of just about any train you hook them up to and I'm fairly certain they came/come(?) in CP colors.

Attachments

• club4 (7).jpg
    club4 (7).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 121

hswn

Aug 19, 2003
South Shore Nova Scotia
Visit site
Andrew I don't know if LL did them in CP colours. CP only had three E-8's. CN didn't run any until they got two a few years ago when they purchased one of the lines in the states. They painted them in the old Green gold schem and used them for pulling private cars they looked great. I think I heard a while back that they have been repainted.
I looked at buying one a few years ago and Marty adviced against it, thinking that it would not be an easy convert to DCC. I don't know I've never seen one with the body off. Has any one on this list converted one of these to DCC?
Brady

Hey Brady!

The CN ones are in a modified "North America" scheme now...black, white and red...i'll see if i can find a picture of one for you. I have the 2 KATO E8's...honestly, i was just curious if these came in CP or not...doesn't matter...i want to get one or 2, and i'm sending them away to br stripped and painted VIA.

They're kinda hard to convert to DCC, as the frame needs to be milled and such. But, i've found a guy who has a milling machine and is willing to do it. I need to look a little more and find out exactly what is involved.

Talk to ya later, Brady
AR

davidmbedard

May 19, 2003
Calgary, Canada
www.davidbedard.com
siderod said:
Hey Brady!

The CN ones are in a modified "North America" scheme now...black, white and red...i'll see if i can find a picture of one for you. I have the 2 KATO E8's...honestly, i was just curious if these came in CP or not...doesn't matter...i want to get one or 2, and i'm sending them away to br stripped and painted VIA.

They're kinda hard to convert to DCC, as the frame needs to be milled and such. But, i've found a guy who has a milling machine and is willing to do it. I need to look a little more and find out exactly what is involved.

Talk to ya later, Brady
AR

See if Kato will sell you their CP shells. You might have to paint them if they wont sell them to ya.

David