Dick Rasmussen What gauge or size?

Dick Rasmussen

Oct 29, 2004
Twin Bridges, Montana. USA
Here I am again. Does anyone have a chart , print, list,or simple explanation of the MANY different sizes of model trains?. I.m looking for what I think is the garden size models. I don't necessarily want to ride on it.Then again I,m new at this and may decide otherwise. Anyway I'm looking for plans, blueprints, for a locomotive of , I think the garden size model. Anyone got info or a print, plans they want to share or sell (at a very reasonable price). I'm hoping to do this from scratch. I'll take all the help I can get!!! I have a small machine shop at my disposal (Basement) and that was my occupation,machine work that is, not basements. Thanx Dick R.:confused:

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
well to say large scale and live steam are two different things. large scale "1/29" is great for running outside and only requires a back yard of almost any size. now live steam is a whole other subject. live steam take's alot of land because of it's large size and most locomotives in this scale have a basic weight of 600lbs to 1500lbs as to "G" scale locomotives weight only about 15lbs to 30lbs. "G" scale is around 1/29 and live steam is around 1/8 in which case you can ride on! lol

Charles