Dice Tower

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by gwssms, Oct 21, 2006.

1. gwssms

gwssms Member

2. gwssms

gwssms Member

3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I really like that! got some buds that will really go for it :)
    Thanks!
    Chris
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I really like that! got some buds that will really go for it :)
    Thanks!
    Chris
  5. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

I built several dice towers from maple for some of the local gamers. I like the one on the website but the "This membership is public" stuff associated with the demand for a lot of address info turned me away. No card model is worth increasing the amount of spam I get from collected lists of email addresses :)

Cheers --- Larry
  6. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

I built several dice towers from maple for some of the local gamers. I like the one on the website but the "This membership is public" stuff associated with the demand for a lot of address info turned me away. No card model is worth increasing the amount of spam I get from collected lists of email addresses :)

Cheers --- Larry
  7. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

NOWHERE does it say that membership is public.. It says
    "The data will remain secret to Public"

What is the diffrence between registering on his board.. And registering on this board?
    or any other board on the net?..

If for whatever reason it biothers you
    Then I suggest using a email from:
    http://temporaryinbox.com/
    Or any other of the hundred such places on the net

I have signed up for his board since he started it and have NEVER recieved any spam mail from that addy
  8. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

NOWHERE does it say that membership is public.. It says
    "The data will remain secret to Public"

What is the diffrence between registering on his board.. And registering on this board?
    or any other board on the net?..

If for whatever reason it biothers you
    Then I suggest using a email from:
    http://temporaryinbox.com/
    Or any other of the hundred such places on the net

I have signed up for his board since he started it and have NEVER recieved any spam mail from that addy
  9. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

cool

The dice tower is cool. I might have to build it just for the heck of it. The treasure chest is nice also. My mom collects small wooden boxes. I'll have to make that for her collection. She'll get a kick out of it.
  10. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

cool

The dice tower is cool. I might have to build it just for the heck of it. The treasure chest is nice also. My mom collects small wooden boxes. I'll have to make that for her collection. She'll get a kick out of it.
  11. Alcides

Alcides Member

Larry I advise you to keep more than email address. I have one email addresses to really important things, another for forums and fun stuff and another for sites I think I'm to going to use very much or I think are insecure.

Yes you have to watch more than one addresses but you can check just the most important and the others check ones a week.

Regards
    Alcides
  12. Alcides

Alcides Member

Larry I advise you to keep more than email address. I have one email addresses to really important things, another for forums and fun stuff and another for sites I think I'm to going to use very much or I think are insecure.

Yes you have to watch more than one addresses but you can check just the most important and the others check ones a week.

Regards
    Alcides
  13. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

The dice tower looks pretty good. A preliminary look at the parts sheets indicate that they will print on US Letter or A4 with no scaling problems. I have not actually printed any yet, though. I still have a thick stack of printed model pages that needs to be worked on.:oops: :roll: :-D

Yep, that is how I do it. Two official email addresses that are for family and professional business; three email address from some free online services that are used for registering at messageboards and hobby sites and for online shopping. I sometimes use those disposable one-time email services too. Spam has not been very bad at the three used for messageboards, hobby sites, and shopping.:)
  14. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

The dice tower looks pretty good. A preliminary look at the parts sheets indicate that they will print on US Letter or A4 with no scaling problems. I have not actually printed any yet, though. I still have a thick stack of printed model pages that needs to be worked on.:oops: :roll: :-D

Yep, that is how I do it. Two official email addresses that are for family and professional business; three email address from some free online services that are used for registering at messageboards and hobby sites and for online shopping. I sometimes use those disposable one-time email services too. Spam has not been very bad at the three used for messageboards, hobby sites, and shopping.:)
  15. Claudio

Claudio Member

Hi to all,

let me introduce myself. My name is Claudio, the Webmaster (I like to say PaperMaster :grin:) of www.papermake.it.
    Only recently I entered into this e-world, creating my web site entirely dedicated to our paper hobby. I love it.
    I think it's exciting to create something that others appreciate and take time to download.

I was also courius to see where all of you come from, so decided to ask to register in order to download the files (and also to post into the forum). From the country origin I see how many people are from USA, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, North Pole, Moon, etc.
    I feel to be part of a world wide hobby!

Moreover I'd like to advise you when other creations will be available on the site, sending you an e-mail.

When you Register the system says that the Membership is Public. The term "Public" is referred to the security check of the e-mail: in other words you Register and are immediately granted to access to the site as Member. If the Membership is "Verified" it means that the system will send you a link to verify that the e-mail you indicated really exists. In both cases the data will remain secret to everyone.
    So the Membership is Public but not public :wink:).

Said that, I'm planning to move the site from a second level (nuke.papermake.it) to a first level (papermake.it). The main URL will remain www.papermake.it but it will not be redirected to nuke.papermake.it.
    As result, all your links to the Dice Tower will be broken; I'll advice you when you need to change it. Unfortunately I'll lose the database of the Members and you will have to Register again for future log in.

All my efforts now are dedicated to this new challenge, after that new Projects will be added to the list, even if I'm thinking of some paid Projects to put aside to the free ones.

Thanks for your patience and for reading this long post.

At info@papermake.it you can also suggest me more ideas for the future.

Ciao, Claudio
  16. Claudio

Claudio Member

Hi to all,

let me introduce myself. My name is Claudio, the Webmaster (I like to say PaperMaster :grin:) of www.papermake.it.
    Only recently I entered into this e-world, creating my web site entirely dedicated to our paper hobby. I love it.
    I think it's exciting to create something that others appreciate and take time to download.

I was also courius to see where all of you come from, so decided to ask to register in order to download the files (and also to post into the forum). From the country origin I see how many people are from USA, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, North Pole, Moon, etc.
    I feel to be part of a world wide hobby!

Moreover I'd like to advise you when other creations will be available on the site, sending you an e-mail.

When you Register the system says that the Membership is Public. The term "Public" is referred to the security check of the e-mail: in other words you Register and are immediately granted to access to the site as Member. If the Membership is "Verified" it means that the system will send you a link to verify that the e-mail you indicated really exists. In both cases the data will remain secret to everyone.
    So the Membership is Public but not public :wink:).

Said that, I'm planning to move the site from a second level (nuke.papermake.it) to a first level (papermake.it). The main URL will remain www.papermake.it but it will not be redirected to nuke.papermake.it.
    As result, all your links to the Dice Tower will be broken; I'll advice you when you need to change it. Unfortunately I'll lose the database of the Members and you will have to Register again for future log in.

All my efforts now are dedicated to this new challenge, after that new Projects will be added to the list, even if I'm thinking of some paid Projects to put aside to the free ones.

Thanks for your patience and for reading this long post.

At info@papermake.it you can also suggest me more ideas for the future.

Ciao, Claudio
  17. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

Thanks, Claudio, for the explanation. Thanks too for the great models.

Cheers -- Larry
  18. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

Thanks, Claudio, for the explanation. Thanks too for the great models.

Cheers -- Larry
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the forums Cladio! Thanks for making that dice tower and chest andother items. I think they are great work!
    Chris
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the forums Cladio! Thanks for making that dice tower and chest andother items. I think they are great work!
    Chris