Dice and box

ennder

he he he nope. Saturday and Sunday nights I have 2 different groups that I game with, 8 on Sat. nights and 9 on Sunday nights. I know of 7 other groups... just in my little town of Jonesboro, Ar. There are several game shops here that host other games .... like Warhammer 40K as well as games like Magic the Gathering and other card games.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That's a really nice box. I remember paying a lot of money for my wooden Kennedy machinist toolbox. :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Yea, real face to face, across the table RPGs are still going strong...
That's a really nice box. I remember paying a lot of money for my wooden Kennedy machinist toolbox. :)
this was just a cheap unfinished wood box and tray I found at Hobby Lobby for 30% off...

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
I remember sitting for hours with some buddies & playing not just D&D, but others. My favourite RPG was the BloodSword series.

It was in book form but quite cleverly the guys who built the "engine" factored in multiplayer. Ir was quite realistic, factored weight, alertness of your character, tactics in combat which most RPG didn't (especially in the 80's/90's ;)):)

We used the rules and conquered the world!

micahrogers

Staff member
Wow, you still get those! I would have thought that computer games would have mostly killed off traditional RPG!
D&D has been owned by Wizards of the Coast since the early 2000's and is actually now in the 5th Edition of the printed rules...
I started way back in the Early 80's with the original blue book rules, the red book "AD&D", the 2nd Edition in like 85... 3rd in 2002, I skipped 4th ed as all my local players were still using 2nd...
We just in January started trying 5th ed.

and the box has been painted and "distressed", I'll get some pics tomorrow.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Yea, real face to face, across the table RPGs are still going strong...

this was just a cheap unfinished wood box and tray I found at Hobby Lobby for 30% off...

I would recommend either gluing in small 90 degree pieces on the inside corners to secure it, as if it isn't dovetailed, it will come apart. I use Elmer's "Titebind". Please do pics pics after you are finished with it. No Hobby Lobby stores around here (where I live) that I know of. :)

ennder

D&D has been owned by Wizards of the Coast since the early 2000's and is actually now in the 5th Edition of the printed rules...
I started way back in the Early 80's with the original blue book rules, the red book "AD&D", the 2nd Edition in like 85... 3rd in 2002, I skipped 4th ed as all my local players were still using 2nd...
We just in January started trying 5th ed.

and the box has been painted and "distressed", I'll get some pics tomorrow.

I started back in the 80's 2nd Ed.... first campaign i was in was Ravenloft... then dragonlance
Now, we have several campaigns running on a 2 week rotation.
on Saturday night we have a Mortals/elder vampire for 2 weeks then the second GM will run Pathfinder for 2 weeks.... then its back to the Mortals game.
This gives the each GM a chance to play as well. Instead of having to run the game all the time.
On Sunday night we have Starfinder (new system to us) and a different Pathfinder campaign
((breaking in a New GM.. running his very first game(steep learning curve) but he is getting the feel for it)

You have a cool Dragon ampersand on your box.... I've never seen that before.

micahrogers

Staff member
I'll have to post a Pict of the box I made.... I'm still working on the metal inlay for the lid.
please do, I love seeing other peoples works, it helps to push my skills more trying to replicate what I see.

My current group has me as DM in a 5th Ed campaign we just started, "Tales from the Yawning Portal" which is six different modules all in one book, designed to take your PCs from 1st to 15th level.

micahrogers

Staff member
I would recommend either gluing in small 90 degree pieces on the inside corners to secure it, as if it isn't dovetailed, it will come apart. I use Elmer's "Titebind". Please do pics pics after you are finished with it. No Hobby Lobby stores around here (where I live) that I know of. :)
I'm pretty luck where I live, we have a Michael's, a Hobby Lobby, and a HobbyTown USA within 30 minutes.

ennder

I made mine from MDF with a removable dice rolling tray.
Cranberry felt inside, black felt on the bottom (to keep from scratching the table)
I used hammered bronze spray paint. Tin solder for the inlay (still have some sanding/file
work on the inlay) I made the hinges using photos I seen on pintrest .

Attachments

• 20180314_202251.jpg
    20180314_202251.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180314_202043.jpg
    20180314_202043.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180202_142655.jpg
    20180202_142655.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180202_142634.jpg
    20180202_142634.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 6

micahrogers

Staff member
I made mine from MDF with a removable dice rolling tray.
Cranberry felt inside, black felt on the bottom (to keep from scratching the table)
I used hammered bronze spray paint. Tin solder for the inlay (still have some sanding/file
work on the inlay) I made the hinges using photos I seen on pintrest .
Love it... I just don't have the equipment or skills to make my own box and tray, so I am limited by what I can get ready made...

micahrogers

Staff member
The inside of the box ready for felt...
DSCN1105.JPG

and the lower section felted
DSCN1107.JPG

The top section got foam and felt, so you can roll in it too,
DSCN1109.JPG

and the finished box and tray fitted together.
DSCN1110.JPG

and my dice collection as it sits, about 6 sets are still in shipping...
DSCN1112.JPG

so a finished build of a box :)

ennder

The box parts were cut on the table saw. The hinges were cut using the band saw, and the inlay
was done using my Dremel tool with the router attachment, tin solder, and a soldering iron.
the table saw is a cheep Ryobi, $99.00 at Home Depot. The band saw is from home depot as well
Rigid $450.00. Standard Dremel tool $60.00 (I think) and $16.00 for the router attachment.

micahrogers

Staff member
The box parts were cut on the table saw. The hinges were cut using the band saw, and the inlay
was done using my Dremel tool with the router attachment, tin solder, and a soldering iron.
the table saw is a cheep Ryobi, $99.00 at Home Depot. The band saw is from home depot as well
Rigid $450.00. Standard Dremel tool $60.00 (I think) and $16.00 for the router attachment.
I'm a seriously under paid plumber, my only power tools are the ones on my truck, sawzall, drill, dremel, and angle grinder...