Diagnosis confirmed

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Well, As of Friday the diagnosis was confirmed, I suffer from APMS, (Advanced plastic Modelers Syndrome)
I have finally paid more for an accessory for a model kit, than the kit itself cost.
the 1/1000th PL Reliant and the aftermarket PL Aztec decals for her.
Reliant_01.JPG Reliant_02.JPG Reliant_03.JPG
I will admit that the decal package does come with registry markings for several different Miranda class starships... but as I plan on mine being the Reliant...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
It is a necessary and smart way to go with those models. Personally, I would spray paint the model with a semi-gloss afterwards, to seal the stickers, and give the whole model an even look. I don't like gloss because it starts to look like a toy. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That is usually the case with most models. The accessories are more expensive than the kit itself.
With that being said, I am looking forward to seeing how this project turns out.
GOOD LUCK!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Before you apply the decals apply a layer of gloss, then add the decals (using a decal softener) and then put on a final layer of mate varnish. ;)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
I would also go with RF's suggestion, maybe skip the coat of gloss before the decals?.I used to do this a lot when I used to do plastic models, the result was really great, especially for WW2 planes.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
seeing as these are "wallpaper" decals (they cover the entire surface) the gloss coat before decal application is a must. my only gripe is that the 1/1000th E-refit kit comes with the aztec decals, the 1/1000th Reliant kit they charge an extra $30.00 for them... :mad:

Having said that, they are a must for this kit. They will make the kit pop like my 1/1000th E-refit
20140304_142208 - Copy.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The is one smart looking "Enterprise". :Bravo:.