Dhanners is going to have a field Day!!!

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by NYC Irish, Sep 21, 2005.

1. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

3. Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers Member

Better plan a 4 SRB version too
  4. Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers Member

Better plan a 4 SRB version too
  5. dhanners

dhanners Member

A field day? Yeah, NYC Irish, that's a good way to look at it. I started rounding up stuff for a 1/144th-scale version of "The Stick" to go with my SDLV cargo carrier; maybe I'll do one in 1/96th scale, too.

the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center has a card model of the "Stick" online. I've printed it out and it looks pretty good, although it differs somewhat from the drawings NASA has released, i.e., it doesn't have a foam-covered second stage and the CEV is a "biconic" shape.

The LVHCC model is 1/96th scale, I've even printed it out at 200 percent so I can try a 1/48th-scale version.

Then there's the matter of that lunar lander. I might have to resort to photo-etched screen for the floorboard part of the descent stage, but otherwise, it's like I always say....

"They're just tubes and cones, stacked in the right order...."
  6. dhanners

dhanners Member

A field day? Yeah, NYC Irish, that's a good way to look at it. I started rounding up stuff for a 1/144th-scale version of "The Stick" to go with my SDLV cargo carrier; maybe I'll do one in 1/96th scale, too.

the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center has a card model of the "Stick" online. I've printed it out and it looks pretty good, although it differs somewhat from the drawings NASA has released, i.e., it doesn't have a foam-covered second stage and the CEV is a "biconic" shape.

The LVHCC model is 1/96th scale, I've even printed it out at 200 percent so I can try a 1/48th-scale version.

Then there's the matter of that lunar lander. I might have to resort to photo-etched screen for the floorboard part of the descent stage, but otherwise, it's like I always say....

"They're just tubes and cones, stacked in the right order...."