DFS 230 Assault Glider

RocketmanTan

I haven't done a real-world model in quite a while, have I? Well, I just finished drawing up a model of the DFS 230 assault glider; specifically one of the planes that was used during Skorzeny's raid on Gran Sasso. The scale is 1:50, and at two pages, I think this is one of the simplest models I've designed. That being said, I've included a fair amount of detail. I've only just started the testbuild, so when I gain some steam I'll post pics of that too.

Oh, and in unrelated news: I got accepted into SUNY Maritime Academy! I was building model ships, and now I'll get to play with the real deal!

5GjVgoo.png

2NLxrUU.png

5LRVwgp.png

RocketmanTan

Well, the results are...underwhelming, but expected. Model's good for dioramas and wargaming, I suppose. I'll upload the model tomorrow or over the weekend:
9nY6ILX.jpg

ZU9IGXa.jpg

usJ0oee.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This is an interesting project!
You did a good job with designing and building it!
Thank you for sharing it with us!

Behzad

v.beautiful model
nice job
@RocketmanTan
plz tell me which software u used for design this plane, also help me
which software is best for designing paper models and also run in linux or ubuntu

RocketmanTan

v.beautiful model
nice job
@RocketmanTan
plz tell me which software u used for design this plane, also help me
which software is best for designing paper models and also run in linux or ubuntu
I use inkscape to draw up the models, if that's what you're asking. I don't do 3D modeling at all for my models, so if you're looking for a 3D modeling program, I couldn't tell you much outside of AutoCAD and Revit, which I only use for architectural work, heheh.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I would like to see more of your reality based models. This is superb. I had not seen this glider before. :)