Details you may need???

I am starting to develop new products that are resin cast, and would like everyone’s input!
Idea’s I have are for:

Parking meters
Fire hydrants
Mail boxes
camping tents
Camp fires
Also, patio blocks in O Scale

Here is a picture of the patio blocks,
stonetiles.jpg

So, my big question is what detail parts would you like for your layout and have a hard time finding?

Thanks for your opinions!

David

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Any details appropriate to the 1920s and 1930s!

Things I would like to have at some point:

kerosene lanterns
telephones
scrap appropriate to era
bottles in wood crates
tents (canvas type)
canoes
suitably attired people
"craftsman" (or art deco/mission oak) style windows and doors for "new" homes
more vehicles from 1920s and 30s

I am not saying these are not available, just this is my wish list... so far ;) :D

Andrew

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
cars for 1950-1960
picket fences
coal miners and there tools.
steps
steel mill workers
blowdown drains (steam servicing)
pulleys/cranes

and thats all i can think of now,and realize there out there but way overpriced or badly made.so by the time your done with this list youll have a hell of a time making it all.LOL, it will be cool to have those weird out of the way parts available though :thumb: --josh

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
actually,yes they are,how much are those?i might have to check you out when i actually have a layout to put them on!!!but those are pretty much the corect tools.--josh

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
David,

One other thing that comes to mind, although it would depend on the expense, is bluestone (slate) sidewalk slabs. Very similar to your patio blocks I imagine, but not as cracked... ;)

However, there may be a much simpler way of making them that would be cheaper than developing a mould and casting in resin... it could preclude any sales for you :( I have not experimented yet, but will soon, since my town will need sidewalks.

Oh, and street lamps! ;)

Andrew

J. Steffen

Feb 3, 2007
Hemet, SoCal
There was a character on CSI that was a micro modeler. It would be nice to have his talent... Except for the whole him being a serial killer thing...

As my site deals with structures and structural details, that is what I an trying to develop.
Sorry Josh!
The slate sidewalks sound like something that should go on the list of potentials!!

When I was a plumber, people asked why I did not carry all the parts needed. I used to say that I would be driving a tractor/trailer if I tried to carry everything.

David

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
David,

After some thought, maybe the slate sidewalks can be done with Hydrocal or other high-density material. My concern would be that resin would not take a stain well. Staining seems to me the best way of colouring something like that, rather than painting. But as long as you are making the moulds...! ;)

Andrew