Detailing for HO locos?

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
Well I have started my layout but not yet finished getting all my track down. I head off to college in two weeks, so I am taking my locos with me and detailing them while I am gone. Where is a good place to by parts to detail my locomotives. I have a few bachmann spectrums and hope to add on before I go. Thnaks

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
Im looking for mostly diesel. An noline place would be nice, Im going to Virginia Tech for school, so If anyone knows of any place near there that would be nice too. For the ones who don't know where that is, its near Roanoke and Lynchburg Virginia, almost in West Virginia, The town that pretty much surrounds it is Blacksburg. Thanks

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Nick,

Do a search for "Miniatures by Eric". He makes lots of white metal detail parts, is distributed to many hobby shops, and I believe will do mail order too.

Andrew

I always get my detail parts from Walthers. they have the best selection and you know if something is in or out of stock before you order it.

the discount on detail parts is so small from most LHS's that ordering from Walthers and paying the full retail really doesnt cost that much more.

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Details West has parts and normally in stock. May take a bit on ordering but I highly recommend them. I started using their detail kit's to detail every crook and cranny possible and if there's something they don't have that I want for a loco then I look else where but they have most. Great price's for retail items. http://www.detailswest.com/ All ordering information is also listed. I like the full set fuel tank details myself. Hope this helps.