Detailed ww1, ww 2 subs with engine details

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I'm looking forward to changing my main interest from science fiction to sub's and dinosaurs. Any place I could find some decent sub's to learn on? Thanks. Jim

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I went through a lot to try and find Gato Sub drawings I could scale from. Very difficult. I know you have a knack for digging up stuff, so I look forward to seeing what you find. USS Kinfish, GATO Class ;)

USS Kingfish Gato Class.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: subnuke

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Kingfish right? This is a ww2 boat? Is GATO class enough to define it? I found one that Gandolf posted on page 7, its PDF files that have to be downloaded individually. Just to chew on, I will start on that search tomarrow, I just shut every thing down, and I'm on my kindle. Since that's the type I was looking for I might as well do the Kingfish. Maybe a Nazi wolf pack too. I'm sorry Ron! I completely blew it on the bridge so far. I need to get a clamp with magnifying glass. Harbor freight I guess. It a great bridge model folks, justly my fumbling fingers are to blame.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The Gato turned into the Balao class. These are the definitive WWII subs . Gatos were a little more rare, which is why I wanted to design one. Note that this drawing only shows the pressure Hull, not the outer skin. :)

Famous Dave

Jul 30, 2007
I did see where Metal Magic Fascinations has a cut away submarine model(I know it's not card) muh like the old Revell? kit I built when I was a kid. But it looks waaaay smaller.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I loved that kit. I just now remember it. yes something like that but big and a card model. :laughrolling: