Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

I don't know exactly which part of the engine you're talking about. Do you mean the very front of the tops?

Dyna-Soar

YF-23IIE.jpg

This part

Thanks again for making these models available!

Paragon

Oh, you mean the texture? Yeah, I can fix that.

I've also sent the B-58 model to Cgutzmer for upload. Look for it in the Cold War section soon.

I've also uploaded a fixed YF-23 Page 1 per your suggestions Dyna.

Paragon

I've created a preliminary L-39. Its probably ready to go as is, but I don't know how I should color it, because there are simply so many different color schemes possible. Suggestions?

OhioMike

What happened to the V-22 Osprey that you mentioned earlier? I think you have the same problem i do! I want to build about 200 model airplanes and cant get passed the 5th one! LOL! Do you have any idea how many trees i have killed makeing a list of what airplanes i want to build first? LOL!!

Paragon

Well I mostly make models based on how much desire there is for them. I'm making the L-39 because two people have expressed interest in my making it next, which is more than the rest have. If you want to, you can put in a vote for the Osprey. I am, however, having significant trouble finding useful line drawings of the Osprey.

Part of me also really wants to do the SR-71 soon.

OhioMike

Heres some pretty good ones i was seriously considering useing for the basis of an RC version. Rc but without the tilt set-up. Basically a simple twin without vtol. Heres the link:þÅÒÔÅÖÉ

OhioMike

I may have more here on the hard drive but i'm not sure.....I have close to 500 various plans that have been found here on the net over the years and given to me freely as well......Most if not all were accessed from the net freely but i may not be able to post most here. The link is a public web site that obviously gives away their line drawings freely. Question is, where do they get them? Hope i'm within the rules here by posting that link?

Dragos

I've created a preliminary L-39. Its probably ready to go as is, but I don't know how I should color it, because there are simply so many different color schemes possible. Suggestions?

Personally I've made earlyer a suggestion, here are other ones..

Attachments

• 1102267.jpg
    1102267.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 150
  • FAG25GDR001.jpg
    FAG25GDR001.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Resize of AcesHighLasVegas.jpg
    Resize of AcesHighLasVegas.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Resize of aero_vodochody_l39_albatros_zu-gee_02_dc06.JPG
    Resize of aero_vodochody_l39_albatros_zu-gee_02_dc06.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 153

Paragon

Alright, I've posted the uncolored version and a colored version (like the grey one in your images). I haven't put any country markings on it though. They should be approved soon.

Paladin

Alright!!! thank you very much Paragon. I like both of the L-39's. I think I'll try to color the uncolored version to look like the blue color scheme picture Dragos posted.

Paragon

If you do color it, please upload your version so we can all build it. I'm probably going to make some more too.

Just a note: I haven't actually built the L-39 yet, so you're basically doing the beta build. The fuselage is taken straight from the IAR-99, so the lines on it aren't very accurate. The wings and tail are accurate, and I did make the intakes slightly larger, and the nose longer. Control surfaces on my models don't generally need to be tested; they're too simple. The parts that generally need it are the fuselages. Because the fuselage is taken from another model, I know it will work for the most part, so when building, look for trouble in these spots:

1: Wingtip pods
2: Nose
3: Intakes

If you find problems elsewhere, by all means let me know, but pay special attention to those three areas.

With the L-39 essentially out of the way, that means I can move on to the next model. So I guess its time to stop putting it off and create the MiG-23. To be honest, I'm not looking forward to this plane; I'm not particularly fond of it, it doesn't seem very special to me, and I'm really not looking forward to designing swing wings again, especially since the last two models with swing wings I've designed didn't really swing very well.

To be honest, I go through a short period in which I doubt I can make a model with each of my designs...I'm just not very enthusiastic about the MiG-23, and I am somewhat enthusiastic about designing a V-22 or SR-71 right now, which always makes me want to start on one of them first. But I put it on the list, and I've been planning to make it for awhile now...so the MiG-23 is most likely next.

I might build the L-39 first though.

Paladin

Not a problem. I can usually do beta builds, and modify designs already published. My problem is creating a model myself. I am currently working on a Boeing Bird of Prey. If you aren't familiar with it, just search the web. The "supposed" real plane is in the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio. I used to live there, and have seen it. The reason I say "supposed" is that looking at photos of the real plane flying, and then seeing the museum plane, I have seen some slight differences.

Paragon

Pictures of the completed L-39. It has no markings...so I guess its a civillian version, which there are plenty of. I'm a little disappointed with the back, I think I need to make the intakes stretch all the way back. Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg