Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Paragon, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't notice. It should be fixed now.
  2. newcomer

newcomer Member

looks great.
    david
  3. edi

edi Member

a bit older, but still current
  4. Panzerbeto

Panzerbeto New Member

other options

I think the family Mirage III/V/50/Kfir/Pantera/Cheetah/etc would have and enormous potencial for color schemes and variations with and without dog teeth, canards, noses and bi-places. It has been smehow overlooked by paper modellers, and only a very early Mirage IIIC version is available from Maly Modelarz, not very accurate. It is very close to my heart as has been the mainstay of my beloved Colombian Air Force since 1972 (Mirage V and Kfir).

I have some good high resolution drawings, but my skills are no way close to "Master Paragon".

I will vote also for the A-37 and the Beriev

I have several views of the last UAV from China, which I will post next
  5. Panzerbeto

Panzerbeto New Member

Holy Cow...It wasn't Chinese but Russian MiG!!!

Sorry about the confussion.

This is the last MiG workshops outcome: Unmanned Combat Aircraft to oppose to the Global Hawk and the other likes from USA.

The MiG Skat UCAV:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I've actually seen that before. While it does look pretty interesting, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the shift toward remote aircraft, and not as big a fan of them as those with cockpits.
  7. Paladin

Paladin Member

I agree. That Skat Mig Ucav would look pretty cool with the cockpit as shown on the test aircraft.
  8. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

As I've promissed....
    Is not quite perfect , I've maked him in a great hurry...

Attached Files:

9. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Whoops, the wings were supposed to go through the middle. Did I not include the red lines in the uncolored version?
  10. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Yes you're right, I've noticed after I've build it.
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

A little update: The majority of the C-27J is done, however I am grappling with the cockpit now. Hopefully I'll have that done tomorrow (going to bed now). Hopefully this will help fill a niche, as I've discovered a large lack of C-27 models, especially made evident by a petition to get model companies to make one. Its too bad my model won't be incredibly detailed.

I'm also going to try a few different things with the color scheme. We'll see how well it works out.
  12. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Can you make a Romanian version , please?! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  13. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Sure!

Anyway, here are some pictures of the prototype. As you can see, almost everything looks good, except the nose, which just looks like crap. I decided to change the rear section for the final version as well, and moved the seam to the top instead of the bottom, that way the vertical stabilizer covers it, and the rear door doesn't have a seam running down the middle.

Yes, I only built one engine, but yes, the propellor does spin. I may have to scale it up though, there are a lot of small parts as it is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

The Spartan looks great!!!

Mean time I've solved the problem with the Mig

Attached Files:

15. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

Excelent Paragon!

HMMM maybe you could use some stabilizing iternal structure on the wing so it doesn't go downwards at the outer corners (or use thicker paper ;-P ). The front may need something like 4 different rings to gat it in shape.

You may get some ideas for the nose from this guy that built a Boxcar C119:
    http://www.geocities.com/freecardaviation/TOTAL_Boxcar.pdf
  16. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Ok, sorry for the lack of progress reports on the C-27. Its not quite done yet. It probably would have been done tonight except I spent most of the night scaring myself crapless by taking apart every last piece of my iPod and then putting it back together with two replacement parts. It was a good excercise in patience and caution, that I will hopefully apply to my modelling too. ;)

Anyway, I began constructing the final version of the C-27, and it is almost done. Currently, it only requires a second engine before completion. However, as I try desperately to make the propeller spin, I find myself wishing both that the design was slightly different and the model was a little larger, the small scale makes the work nearly impossible for my clumsy fingers.

I've taken pictures as proof that I haven't been procrastinating and doing nothing, but the aformentioned iPod is currently syncing with my computer, leaving me USBless.

The big change I want to make in the propeller design is to turn the blades sideways. Currently, the propellers are simply flat star shapes that are cut out. This is not accurate to the actual aircraft, though for the most part good enough for me.

My most likely course of action right now will be both to redesign the propeller and scale the model up a bit. Cross your fingers and hope for a good outcome!
  17. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Here it is, the finished Spartan. Files will be available on my site soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

With the C-27J done, my next project will be the Junkers "Warthog". After that, the Beriev Be 200, and then possibly the Junkers EF 168.
  19. edi

edi Member

will therefore ever be a chance?
  20. Coot59

Coot59 Member

Could you please add the X-3 Stileto to your design list. Had a revel model as a kid and would really like one.

When (If) you decide to tackle it let me know and I'll research it for you.

Many thanks for your great work.