Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Paragon, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Actually, you can host all of them on the website. I've uploaded them to the gallery. They don't show up when viewing the gallery, but I can link to them on the download pages (which is what I'm doing, check out the "X-Planes" section).

Anyway, models are slowly becoming available on the site now, but it will take some time, because I'm adding small copyright notes to them and printing them to multi-paged PDFs now.
  2. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

i did that the first time, and found out the hard way that freewebs had a monthly bandwidth limit; once it is exceeded it locks down the site until the end of the month, when you get your next month's allocation. it's fairly large (500MB), but if you have enough people coming into the site and browsing and downloading everytime, it could get eaten up really fast. that was why i decided to host the downloads elsewhere, so that the site could keep open while people were downloading all the time. haven't checked if they've changed this policy, but take a look in your "my accounts" section to make sure.
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I suggest an external download link too, although a bit of hassle for downloaders but better than exceeding the bandwidth and having the site down ;)
  4. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Your site is very cool , Paragon
  5. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

One remark:
    You say : "MiG-21: Mikoyan's first supersonic fighter." I believe that the Mig-19 was the Mikoyan's first supersonic fighter. His maximum speed: 1,455 km/h (909 mph) , sound speed = 1230 km/h, or 770 mph, or 1130 ft/s.
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I stand corrected! I'll fix that. Also, try some of the downloads and let me know if they're working. I tried using an external host for some of the files (like the BV P.212.03s) and for some reason it never let me download them. If this is the case for others, I'll switch hosts.
  7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Vladimir: Here are three images of the "J-15" that should help you understand how it goes together:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. edi

edi Member

I tried the MIG37 and it works, seem the Mediafire files don`t work, I couldn`t manage a download; I didn`t find the B&V
  9. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Thought so. I'll have that fixed soon enough, don't worry.
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

great looking site paragon!! just downloaded from there and worked just fine.
  11. edi

edi Member

savefile works without problem :thumb:
  12. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Good news! The new Yak-25 release has come! Look for them in the Cold War section of my website.

Also, I took a few minutes to make a new version of the Mystere, this time in French colors.
  13. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

I will try to make a model using Paragon's method. BTW Paragon do you color your models?
  14. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

What exactly do you mean? I have to release the colored versions somehow...would you all like me to document the process in another guide?
  15. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

I mean: what is your technique to paint the white versions? I've tried with Windows Paint and Photoshop but it takes a lot of time and the results aren't very good.
  16. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

My first design is almost ready. I have to build it now and the colour it. Is a Mig-21 E-2A a soviet prototype
  17. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

My first design is almost ready. I have to build it now and the colour it. Is a Mig-21 E-2A a soviet prototype.
    More informations about the aircraft on http://ram-home.com/ram-old/ye-2.html

Attached Files:

18. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

First one build. I've made a little mistake: I've placed the wings a little bit too backward, but it was a construction mistake not a designing mistake.

Attached Files:

19. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

The trick in Photoshop is to leave the background transparent, and use two copies of the black lines. Apply color to the one below, and leave the one above to reinforce the lines. I'm about to construct the prototype of my newest model, once I'm done with that I'll take screenshots of the coloring process for you.

Nice looking design by the way, you used the MiG-21?
  20. edi

edi Member

Su-56

was a bit tricky for me, as I never did such an ultramodern before, very elegant:p

will do some more
    Problems: not real, but I would prefere the nose-part without tabs but with more tops, I think that`s easier

Attached Files: