Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

edi

I stand corrected! I'll fix that. Also, try some of the downloads and let me know if they're working. I tried using an external host for some of the files (like the BV P.212.03s) and for some reason it never let me download them. If this is the case for others, I'll switch hosts.

I tried the MIG37 and it works, seem the Mediafire files don`t work, I couldn`t manage a download; I didn`t find the B&V

Paragon

Good news! The new Yak-25 release has come! Look for them in the Cold War section of my website.

Also, I took a few minutes to make a new version of the Mystere, this time in French colors.

Paragon

What exactly do you mean? I have to release the colored versions somehow...would you all like me to document the process in another guide?

Dragos

I mean: what is your technique to paint the white versions? I've tried with Windows Paint and Photoshop but it takes a lot of time and the results aren't very good.

Dragos

My first design is almost ready. I have to build it now and the colour it. Is a Mig-21 E-2A a soviet prototype

Dragos

First one build. I've made a little mistake: I've placed the wings a little bit too backward, but it was a construction mistake not a designing mistake.

Attachments

• Resize of IMG_0251.JPG
    Resize of IMG_0251.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Resize of IMG_0250.JPG
    Resize of IMG_0250.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 12

Paragon

The trick in Photoshop is to leave the background transparent, and use two copies of the black lines. Apply color to the one below, and leave the one above to reinforce the lines. I'm about to construct the prototype of my newest model, once I'm done with that I'll take screenshots of the coloring process for you.

Nice looking design by the way, you used the MiG-21?

edi

Su-56

was a bit tricky for me, as I never did such an ultramodern before, very elegant:p

will do some more
Problems: not real, but I would prefere the nose-part without tabs but with more tops, I think that`s easier

Attachments

• neu6#_0001.jpg
    neu6#_0001.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 9

Paragon

Mind showing some other views? Did you include gear in this model? And what exactly do you mean about the nose?

edi

Yak-25

also in 1/144 as the SU-56
all fitts well and it was a fun to build this very good looking fighter, maybe the same note about the nose, but it`s without problem
A real GREAT thx to Paragon

Attachments

• neu6#_0003.jpg
    neu6#_0003.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 13
  • neu6#_0004.jpg
    neu6#_0004.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 12
  • neu6#_0005.jpg
    neu6#_0005.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 12

edi

Mind showing some other views? Did you include gear in this model? And what exactly do you mean about the nose?

other views are a problem the moment; MY camera is owned by my daughter and it`s not clearwhen she will visit me, latest Saturday

No, there is no gear included, as all my models are in flying position. It´s also a question of storing the minis, gears will always break....

The nose: if you do 14 tops instead of 7 I think it`s easier to get a round nose, and I think the tabs avoid rounding the nose

Attachments

• nose.JPG
    nose.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 9

Jaybats

having too many tabs in a nose cone will deform the cone because of the accumulating thickness of overlapping tabs. i can see that being a problem for smaller builds :)shock:, how can you make them so small???). you either (1) reduce the number of tabs when you cut the pattern, (2) maybe just have one long tab that goes around inside the cone, and then stick the inner face of the cones to that one tab, or (3) have no tabs at all, and instead use tape inside to make the faces stick into a cone.

Status
Not open for further replies.