Status
Not open for further replies.

edi

Jun 12, 2007
Bavaria/Germany
Sukhoi 56

looks very good!
seems that I´ve to build my first ultra modern jet:mrgreen:
has anybody the wingspan, because i like to do it in 1/144, found nothing in google

Thanks in advance
Edi

edi

Jun 12, 2007
Bavaria/Germany
According to the resources I used, the wingspan is 11.43 meters. So that would make 1:144 scale wings about 8 cm? Give me a little bit and I can get it up for you.

Thanks Paragon for this special service balloon6

the moment I printed the baby, it looks fantastic, and tomorrow there will be some pics
Thanks again:thumb:

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Well...I've never created a website before, so maybe you have some advice? Where should I go to get one? How should I host the files? Is there some way I can tag them, so a user can sort them in different ways (like according to decade or according to country)?

Triop

Mar 11, 2007
Tilburg, Holland
www.freewebs.com
Sorry, no advice from me, I have sort of the same problem...
Maybe someone else here on the forum can help ?

Personaly I find the download section here a bit of a mess...i'd like to see pictures of the models before I download.

Jaybats

Mar 25, 2006
Philippines & Canada
Free file hosting by Savefile.com works for me, at least you don't get the annoying pop-ups, waits, and download limits of rapidshare (oughta be called slowshare) and similar sites... i think zSHARE - Free Image, Video, Audio, Flash and File Hosting .net is also ok.

in both cases you can link directly to each model's download page from your site. my set-up does not go directy to the single model page (instead it goes to the 'group' page) only because i'm too lazy to cut and paste each and every page link).

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Actually, you can host all of them on the website. I've uploaded them to the gallery. They don't show up when viewing the gallery, but I can link to them on the download pages (which is what I'm doing, check out the "X-Planes" section).

Anyway, models are slowly becoming available on the site now, but it will take some time, because I'm adding small copyright notes to them and printing them to multi-paged PDFs now.

Jaybats

Mar 25, 2006
Philippines & Canada
Actually, you can host all of them on the website. I've uploaded them to the gallery. They don't show up when viewing the gallery, but I can link to them on the download pages (which is what I'm doing, check out the "X-Planes" section).

i did that the first time, and found out the hard way that freewebs had a monthly bandwidth limit; once it is exceeded it locks down the site until the end of the month, when you get your next month's allocation. it's fairly large (500MB), but if you have enough people coming into the site and browsing and downloading everytime, it could get eaten up really fast. that was why i decided to host the downloads elsewhere, so that the site could keep open while people were downloading all the time. haven't checked if they've changed this policy, but take a look in your "my accounts" section to make sure.

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
I suggest an external download link too, although a bit of hassle for downloaders but better than exceeding the bandwidth and having the site down ;)

Dragos

Jun 8, 2006
Romania
One remark:
You say : "MiG-21: Mikoyan's first supersonic fighter." I believe that the Mig-19 was the Mikoyan's first supersonic fighter. His maximum speed: 1,455 km/h (909 mph) , sound speed = 1230 km/h, or 770 mph, or 1130 ft/s.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
I stand corrected! I'll fix that. Also, try some of the downloads and let me know if they're working. I tried using an external host for some of the files (like the BV P.212.03s) and for some reason it never let me download them. If this is the case for others, I'll switch hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.