Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Paragon, Oct 5, 2007.

1. edi

edi Member

really very good news; Thanks Paragon
  2. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Give me some examples of the Mystere then, so I can see what they look like.
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

4. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Rand McNally Encyclopedia of Military Aircraft? I have that one too. What confused me was that those two are different from the ones on the internet.
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thw encyclopedia of militery aircraft by enzo angelucci
  6. Panzerbeto

Panzerbeto New Member

I have a few sources

-Angelucci's collection
    -The Complete Book of Fighters-William Green and Gordon Swanborough
    -The Encyclopaedia of World Aircraft-Paul Eden and Soph Moeng
    -Osprey Encyclopaedia of Russian Aircraft-Bill Gunston
    -Aircraft of the Fighting Powers(War time publication, so not always accurate but all drawings in large size) Volumes 1,2,3 and 6

etc. I don't want to boast but I have 2 walls of my living room covered in bookshelves and half of that is on airplanes, and still have half of my library in boxes in the attic waiting for permission from my missis to convert a good portion of the ground floor in library.......or moving to a larger house!!!!

Most of the aviation books are on Luftwaffe subjects and other air forces, and just a couple on comercial a/c. Many modelling magazines, Air Enthusiast, Squadron, Profiles, and a bunch of old Airfix Magazine from the 60's and 70's. I have suscription to Tankette (general interest on armour with many drawings), TNT and Histoire de Guerre-Blindes et Materiels (this last two are in french on armor also)

The rest of the library is Uniforms, AFV, Word War One, Ships, Cars and some militaria.

Also have a big display unit (second hand from a previous Cristal Shop) full with Plastic and paper models at 1/72nd scale and also 1/72nd Diecast cars and 54mm lead figures. Very bad thing having such a broad interest, as I don't yet know if I will ever display my B-52 and C-135!!!

That has prevented me from building a lot of planes lately, as 1/72 scale tanks and vehicles use a lot less space!!!!.

Any obscure planes give me a boost to dig into my pile of reference, as long as they get some historical background, so any one needing info just let me know.

Panzerbeto
  7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I'm looking for some nice 4-views of the Dassault Mysteres, as many variants as you can find.
  8. edi

edi Member

Mystere

Hi Paragon,
    it seems to be impossible to get a bottomview of the Mystere; I´ve asked in several Forums without any result. The only thing I`ve found is a building report on plastic which gives a view; yes I know not much helpfull, only an imagination!
    Dassault Mystère IV A - High Tech

Don`t care about if the Mystere is not working............

Though a new suggest: similar in construction to your excellent Vautour: the Illyuschin IL-28
    perfect views: þÅÒÔÅÖÉ
    and perfect camo: Ilyushin Il-28

only a suggestion:mrgreen:

BTW: you´ve reached the same step as Trotskiy and Ojimak, and it would be great if you have your own homepage, think about Fiddlersgreen....

Not far from 2008: wish you a happy, succesfull and healthy 2008

Edi
  9. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I finally found something that might help with the bottom. Hopefully I can get the perspective as if it was head-on, and copy the lines.

Attached Files:

10. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Here's the result of my tracing the instruction image in the post above:

[​IMG]

This should be enough for a decent model, which I should have a prototype of sometime today.
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Finally, some progress to show! Sorry for all the procrastinating. Now that I've finished Galactica, my brother is going back to school, and things are settling into the same old monotony, you can expect more models. Anyway, here you go, pictures of the completed Mystere prototype!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: a little news, I just finished designing the prototype of the BV P.212, and should have that constructed soon. The Mystere went together with almost no problems (I forgot a few tabs) so I should be able to begin coloring it tomorrow. Hopefully the P.212 will be similar in that regard. I'll post pictures when I've finished the prototype build.
  12. Panzerbeto

Panzerbeto New Member

Se ve muy elegante y aerodinamico

Translation from Spanish:

It looks very slim and streamlined.
    Jolly good job Paragon!!
    We hope it will carry many of the colorful schemes both in French as Israelian service.

Panzerbeto
  13. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

More progress to show, this time on a different aircraft:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You may notice that the first pictures do not include the two fins on the rear fuselage; these parts are optional, they would probably have been included in different variants of the P.212.
  14. edi

edi Member

Both, Mystere and the Blohm &Voss look very impressive, and both will be an eye candy in every collection.
    Which recources did you find for the Blohm&Voss ?
  15. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Someone e-mailed me a very helpful drawing, though I can't remember who it was...

Anyway, I just finished one colored version of the P.212. I'm going to make another, and then I'll make at least one version of the Mystere.
  16. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I am VERY pleased with the way this model came out! Just a note: when building it, curve the tips of the wings a little.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. edi

edi Member

Mystere and B&V

I`m currently building the Mystere and the B & V side by side, it works very well!
    I am impressed with the surface of the Mystere, shadows and differences, well done.......
    Do you use something new?

Thank you a lot Paragon:thumb:
  18. edi

edi Member

B&V P212/Mystere

here some pics..
    the scale I used is 1/144, all fits very well and it was a pleasure to build them

Attached Files:

19. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

They look very nice! I see you decided not to use intake and exhaust parts for the Mystere, any reason for that?
  20. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Here are some images of the green version:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]