Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Hi Paragon,

I wish you would consider designing the proposed Boeing 2707-300 SST airliner (the later design, without the swing-wing), in the blue/white PanAm airline colors. Preferrably with complete landing gear and wheel wells?
How about 1:144 scale? Then it could be displayed alongside the current Concorde models by Ralph Currell and Erik te Groen. And the Tupolev 144. That would be nice.

I am hoping for the best,
/Bengt :thumb:

I'm not so sure about the wheel wells and wheels, but I'd already planned on making the 2707-300. I could probably do 1:144, do you know anywhere I can get measurements?

Stormeagle: I already discussed the F-5 earlier. It was maybe a page or two back. Basically, I don't know how comfortable I feel doing it considering that my designs are fairly similar to Ojimak's.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Sorry for the lack of updates recently, the semester is ending and things are getting hectic around here. I made an American Airlines version of the 2707-100 (I realized that it needs canards to be the 2707-200), but I haven't tested it yet to make sure everything lines up, and I haven't tried the inner connectors for the fuselage yet either.

edi

Jun 12, 2007
Bavaria/Germany
meanwhile I finished the Hustler and the dark version of the Mig-15, both in 1/144 and both without great problems ( maybe the cockpit part of the Hustler is to long? I´ve to cut it). As my camera is refusing not only flash, but any job, you have to wait for pictures....

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Ok, I got sort of lazy with the 2707s, but the American Airlines colors should be up along with the uncolored soon. It includes parts for the 2707-100, 200 and 300 variants. Make sure to read the PDF titles and labels on the sheets to figure out which parts you need. You could also just make an odd kitbash with one set. I might come out with some more variants, I was considering Delta and United, but we'll see, I lost interest for a bit there.

I wasn't able to do much detail with the 300, I couldn't find any good images of the underside, so it doesn't include gear and wheel wells, and i'm not exactly sure what scale its in. Sorry.

Bengt F

Nov 26, 2005
Boeing 2707-300 Super Sonic Transport

Hi Paragon,

Have you uploaded the Boeing 2707-300 SST in the American Airlines colors yet? I cannot find any file with 2707 on it at the moment.

Best,
Bengt :thumb:

Bengt F

Nov 26, 2005
Boeing 2707-300 Super Sonic Transport

Hi again, Paragon,

I have gone through all the 54 pages of "My Album" but I still can´t find the "2707s" zip. file. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places?
I´d appreciate very much if you could provide a link? Thanks.

All the best,
Bengt :wave:

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Its called "Boeing 2707s", and its at the top of the recently added section. Here's a link: http://forum.zealot.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=465

Anyway, I know I was planning on making some models next in particular, but I have to admit, I've become very distracted. The good news, I'm distracted with designing another model, so I haven't switched out of the cardmodel phase. I just really want to design some other models than the ones on the list at the moment. I'm not sure how long it will take to get back to the list either.

Anyway, I'll probably have some pictures of the prototype up tonight (I hope), and you'll all get to see what it is. I'll let it be a surprise for now.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Does anyone know what this happens to be?

Release will require a lot of work, if I decide to do it. I mostly just wanted a model of this plane.

Attachments

• IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 8

Stormeagle

Jul 8, 2004
Greece
I think it's a DC 10; so maybe a tanker version is on WIP status.

PS. Sorry about the F5 request Paragon, I missed the dialog on the forum for it and brought it back up....

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
DC-10 is right. I know, those engines look hideous. Its just a prototype though. Anyway, like I said, it needs a tremendous amount of work before I could feel good about releasing it. Structure is mostly good except for the engines, the big problem is with the texture, which I think will force me to re-draw the entire model by hand.

L-1011 is probably next, because for some reason I just like those three-engined airliners.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Well...alright, I guess I'll have to finish the DC-10 and release it then. If I color it, I'll probably do so in United Airlines colors.

I know, there are other DC-10 models out there for sure, so its not like this newest model is filling any gap, like some of my other models have, but I wasn't really pleased with the detail of the simple models or the simplicity of the detailed models of this plane out there, so I decided I'd do one myself.

Some of you may have noticed something about this model different from the rest of the models I've designed, something I'm rather pleased with; the lift and control surfaces for this DC-10 model are actually full dimension, they are not simply two pieces of card glued flat together. The only other model with a similarity in this area is my V-22 Osprey, which requires 3-D wings to accomodate tilting rotors. Besides that, it would just look silly with flat wings.

For the most part however, I've felt that flat wings have been sufficient for my models, like those on Ojimak's. Most of all, I've felt that the flat wings were necessary to maintain the level of simplicity I wanted. After design and construction of the Osprey however, I found that making 3-dimensional wings could be done in a way that was almost as simple as flat wings. When I decided to create a DC-10, I decided flat wings would look bad on it, and decided to try and use the same method I used for the V-22. The end result is more than satisfying.

I was also worried about the effect this shape would have on aerodynamic and lift capabilities of the model. I know, being designed after a real plane, one would expect that the shape should easily accomodate flight, but I am certainly not an aeronautic engineer, and had no idea if I could actually get the shape of the wings right. The good news is that I did for this particular model. It glides very well when a weight is placed in the nose.

Like I said, the L-1011 is probably next, and should be relatively easy after setting down a good foundation with the DC-10. After that, another model I'd really like to do is the PBY-5A Catalina. I can say that it should have folding pontoons, and may even have folding gear if I really get carried away.

I know, Kancho Illiev has a free PBY-5A model for free. Unfortunately, this model is pretty complicated, which means I don't want to build it. Its also a rather large model. So, hopefully I'll get that done and looking good.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Ok, after heavy redesign, including changes to the engine structure and a better texture, I now feel as though the DC-10 is ready for release. I'm going to make a version colored in the 1993 United Airlines paint scheme and then release it with the uncolored version. I'll post pictures when that's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.