Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nando

Designer Extraordinaire
D-21 Tagboard

Hi Paragon,
I don't know if it's the right place for this post, but yesterday I saw here that the model of D-21 Tagoboard Drone was available and I couldn't resist: I downloaded it, I printed I and I built It, all the last night.
I had to make some minor adjustments but I think that the result is good enough.
It was long time I was looking for this model: Paragon thanks for the tremendous job that you are doing.

Best, Nando :mrgreen:

Lex

Dollmaker
I'd love to see the Osprey completed... Also the U2 is very nice, I like the simplicity of your designs Paragon!

Paragon

Nando: I'm glad you enjoyed the D-21! I had been looking for one for awhile too, before I started designing models, so when I decided to do the SR-71, and then got into it's variants, the D-21 was an obvious choice. Finding useable reference images on the other hand was slightly difficult.

Sorry about the bottom fuselage too, I noticed when I built it that I forgot to make it black (Doh!). I'll probably upload a fixed version of it sometime today. I also appologize for the need to make adjustments with my models...I tend to leave some flaws in, and some of the models lack accuracy sometimes. I'd appreciate a small list of the issues you found with it, so that I might make some modifications to the file to allow easier construction for everyone else.

Lex: Don't worry, they're coming! I never posted images of the completed prototype because I never completed it. I built one engine of the prototype, but never a second, mostly because that was all I needed to assemble to test the design. I finished up the paintjob for the USMC model and printed it out. As it is, I have one more engine to construct and the model will be done. Just to let you all know, the rotor tilts and spins. I was actually able to achieve a loose enough axel that you can blow on the blades and they spin, with nothing but cardstock! I myself am not a card "purist", when I make modifications I use whatever I can get my hands on that is cheap, but I figure I might as well make models that can be assembled with nothing but paper, for those of you who are purists.

Speaking of the axels, I never included the parts for them, just a warning. I guess I sort of figured I didn't need too, since all you have to do is roll some paper. I'll probably update the PDFs to include some basic shapes for the axels though. I also took pictures of most of the construction process, and should be posting those somewhere on the forum, just in case some aspects of construction aren't clear.

Anyway, hopefully that second rotor will be done in an hour or two (making this model the longest to construct of all I have designed so far).

Nando

Designer Extraordinaire
Paragon,
Do not worry: that, of small adjustments, is the good part of our hobby. Whenever You learn something new and you invent a new way to solve the small problems.

However those are the main adjustments I made:

I added the fittings on the wings to give support to the fuselage and thus to help to make It circular

I added a tab internally to support the cone

I increased the width of the opening in the central internal reinforcement

I reduced the external shape of internal reinforcement to make the edge of the Wings more thin

For the rest everything is ok and it's nice to see how you are able to make the shape of d-21 So simply

Best, Nando

Paragon

From holding the parts together too long...? Sorry if setting the glue requires a little more attention for this model.

edi

Suchoi- 7

after a hot day of work, Paragon`s SU-7 was the right way of recreation:
-built was without any problems, all fitts well
-optimal design of this imho very esthetic plane

so, the Suchoi-9 is only a question of time.
If I would be able to change colours I would do a Czech version, maybe I´ll learn it.

The moment I print the Thud

btw:think,´I`ve to learn something about photography:rolleyes:

Attachments

• s7_0001.jpg
    s7_0001.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 13
  • s7_0002.jpg
    s7_0002.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 12

Paragon

Alright, I finally have something to show. Enjoy! (Instruction thread coming soon.)

Attachments

• IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 13

Gomidefilho

Hey Paragon 3 Views...

Paragon

Some small contributions some drawings in three views of several airplanes that I find interesting and that many don't exist in paper models... For it being plastic modeler for more than twenty years I have a lot but very reference material, will be a pleasure to help..:twisted:

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

SeaVixen.jpg

SaabJ-29.jpg

European jets of the fifties... Vantour, Sea Vixen and J29...

MirageIVA2.jpg

MirageIVA1.jpg

The most beautiful plane in Mirage family... :twisted: Cold War Rules!

K-F_05_1992_067.jpg

K-F_05_1992_066.jpg

F-3cDemon.jpg

U.S. Navy classics!!!!

Canberra.jpg

-_-9.jpg

This version of the camberra would be interesting to do that blue version of South Africa and MiG-9 Strange plane. Unbelievable that commercial model of the editors of the east doesn't exist...

132-____________5-6-1997.jpg

131-____________5-6-1997.jpg

Yak-25 My favorite soviet fighter of 50's...

Cheers!

Panzerbeto

SNCA "Vatour"

It was the first Jet bomber designed by france in the Cold War era.
It saw combat against Egypt and Syria, flown by Israelian pilots during the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War.

A few pictures:
http://www.dapho.nl/vutour britigny 1980 copy.jpg
119 Squadron - The Bat
110 Squadron - The Knights of The North
Operation Moked: Destruction of Arab Air Forces
Vautour Review by Dale Smith (Hi-Tech 1/48)

idf-af_vautour_iin_66.jpg

And as a cherry: an impressive underneath view of a very lethal looking Rafale

rafaleAA.jpg

Cheers

Panzerbeto

Paragon

Alright, thanks for the images. Here's the deal:

First, I'm going to take a break from the military aircraft and design the Boeing 2707-200 and 2707-300 SST concept planes. Then comes the Bell XF-109. After that, I'm tyring to decide between the Mystere and the Vautour. I'll design both, but which one do you want first?

Edit: ok, the Yak-25 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.