Designing the RX-79 Gundam (Maybe...)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Soaring, Apr 1, 2008.

1. palmer

palmer Member

[/quote]
    Pssst, Mr.Palmer, I forgot to put this last portion in the email, you glued the kneecap wrong :) It goes the other way :D[/quote]

Don't worry, it's not glued yet! It's only posed on it...
    I don't want to glue the parts without an 'ensamble' look!
  2. Soaring

Soaring Guest

WHEW! Good job buddy, Thought you glued it, whew! Anyways, make sure to post your pictures ;)
  3. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Alright, here's an update. Work is piling higher, and I have yet to finish texturing the entire leg. as welll, I'm caught in another model, the Tractor Air Carrier, thing. I'm sorry for the delays, I'll have some real RX-79 Updates by Thursday.

Attached Files:

4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Soaring, just bought a brand new printer today, so I'll be doing your build ASAP. Can yopu believe that the cartridges for my Lexmark cost $33.97 for black and $36.97 for color and the "Canon Printer" only cost $47.57? I've spent that much on FRAKKIN printing fees! I hate DELL and I HATE Lexmark!:curse:wall1wall1
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Agreed, those printer manufacturers are just ROBBERS...
  6. palmer

palmer Member

I have a Epson C62 (too), prints pretty well and must say its cartridges are the cheapest I ever knew about!!!
    Epson's are about 15.00-16.00euros...
    Alternative brands (not Epson's!) cost about 4.00euros for the black, 5.00euros for the colours,and I bought them in an expansive shop!

I have an Epson D78 too and it's (at least) 3 times more expansive, even if it prints a little better...
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

It's insane what they charge for a little ink. I'm building my next computer and getting away from any proprietary stuff. I built a home computer in 2000 that was equitable to a $2300 dollar Dell and a $2600 dollar IBM. I don't know what ever possed me to buy the last two Dells!??!
  8. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Because....you were tempted by the shiny ad's? :D
    Alright, CTJ, you don't have to build it so fast, maybe just in two days time :)

AS for ink....I can has a Canon, and I can has $40.00 Total for both ink cartridges :D I can has 12 in my home :D
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

That's it LOL, the shiney adds. No, really I think I was in need of a computer like "Right Now" at the time, some I did the easy thing, because I didn't have time to search Pricewatch | Find lower prices on computer hardware, laptops, computer parts and electronics for all of the best deals and wait for all the parts. Same thing with the Notebook. I just got in a hurry.

I should have your leg built today!:thumb:
  10. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

it costs me $12(AU) to replace all 4 cartridges in my canon ip3000.

No it's not "genuine canon ink" Sorry, but i prefer my NEW cartridges to be FULL when I buy them.
  11. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Damn good point...!:D
  12. Soaring

Soaring Guest

AGH! I nearly destroyed my index finger while using the X-acto knife! Fortunately, I escaped with only a bloody finger :D I'll get back to modeling later...
  13. Soaring

Soaring Guest

AGH! I nearly destroyed my index finger while using the X-acto knife! Fortunately, I escaped with only a bloody finger :D I'll get back to modeling later...
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Be carefull with those things. Keep fingers clear of sharp objects.
  15. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Kinda hard when I'm cutting :D I was cutting some cardboard, and my other finger was underneath what I was cutting....

Okay, back on topic, did you start the build yet CJT? Sorry for being a pest, I just want to know where everything stands as of now.
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

It happens. Makes you a bit more kean to watch out in the future.
  17. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Hey Everyone, just little ole Soaring here. I've decided to whip up my own thoughts of the build so far...

So let's go through a run through of what this model is focused on...
    - Ages 8-14
    (For those other modelers who like easy and detailed, ther'll be a detail sheet too xD)
    -Any beginner at papermodeling....
    -posability
    -Durability
    -Easy!

As so, this model is an E Grade model, so hopefully it was easy for them two Beta Builders.
    So I tried my own flawed model tonight, again, making sure the texturing was even, blah, blah, I had to do everything by guesswork, I had no fancy mirroring techniques, since I only used Paint xD
    To me, this was SIMPLE! AS EASY AS PIE! The pieces, to me, seem thorough, and the tabs are sized to a meduim. All in all, it seems straight forward, and hopefully everyone else will think that.

Now Palmer and CJT, you have the stage....

Attached Files:

18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

You're doing a fine job Soaring. Sorry no, I didn't get it built, didn't get anything built today, but some shelves in the garage. I did take it into PS and size it and crop for printing. I've just been chasing my tail today. Sorry.
  19. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Hmm? No problem, thanks for reporting in though :D Now I just needa getta hold of Palmer....
  20. Soaring

Soaring Guest

AHHA! I have some GREAT NEWS! The joints to the ankle fit perfectly! Ahem...Beta builders, would you guys wanna try the joints o.o

I am so happy :D Pictures coming soon.