Designing the RX-79 Gundam (Maybe...)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Soaring, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Soaring

Soaring Guest

At least in your book...sign1

Anyways, here's that final update that I promised. There be a joint!
    There is one beta builder spot left, hurry up, you only got 18 hours left!
    Beta builders will have to test out the joints too :)

Anyways, tomorrow, as soon as I get home, I'm not going to start designing this. I didn't have enough time today to shift to Styrene, so tomorrow I'll post me some styreney!

Attached Files:

2. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Looking good, keep them updates comin!:thumb:
  3. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Alrighty, all beta building spots are closed, as of now. Sorry, but I have to keep this moving, I still have to make me a Arcearth, and finish up the Gundams I began.

Beta builders, you know who you are :) I'll need to send you guys the files by email...So check your email!

If it's alright, do you think you can finish 5 parts in two days?
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I've got to wait till Monday to get them printed, so....in a word....no. I got the printers working then the HD crashed, I got the HD fixed, now the dirvers don't work, so I have to upgrade. I just got a package of stuff printed today and since it's Friday, I wont be able to get to the printers till Monday. Union shop.
  5. Soaring

Soaring Guest

No problem, just when I said two days, I meant can you finsih in two days from when you start ^.^
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Oh Doh! OK, I can do that! :)
  7. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Alright, so the files to the beta builders are being sent, and I'm off to do some Styrene modeling, switching over to pExtended meduims :)

As well, for any lurkers around the forums, I attached just a semi portion of what the templates look like. Easy huh? Exactly what I wanted portrayed, not exactly for too much accuracy.

EDIT: The forums say the BMP Exceeds the limits, so here's just a little screenshot.

EDIT: GAH! It won't let me upload the SC Either..Oh well, I'll have to go manually :)

Once I get a hold of how to string images into a PDF, I'll put it all in one file, may or may not be downloadable.. On a better note, Make sure to put your pants on FIRSt then your shoes, THINK!

Attached Files:

8. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Nice progress here soaring.

It's good to see yet another budding designer stepping up to the plate. I'll be watching with interest. ;)
  9. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Hey skup! Where've ya been all this time?

I ain't a "Budding Designer" Yet, I'm more of, Novice!
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Soaring... You still dare calling this a "Novice Design" huh?!... :D
  11. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Yes, Yes I do :D The skill level of the model and the faces aren't that complex, so.... :thumb:
  12. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Teehee, well, after retexturing, and extruding, I finally got what I wanted! I believe the picture shown will be one of the final templates.

*Beta Builders, there's a secret message which was typed in tiny letters, into the calves, check what it says sign1

Also, here's some coverart of the model. I'm getting ahead of this, but I just couldn't help myself, it was only a test ^.^

Attached Files:

13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

=.=...It's good to set yourself a target at least... ^O^
  14. palmer

palmer Member

Soaring you're doing a good work! It's nice to be a beta-builder, I never beta-built anything! Pics soon...
  15. Soaring

Soaring Guest

WOOT! Thank you!

Anyways, I found an error in the model. There's a scaling error, in the second file. Thank goodness I didn't shoot the 2nd over to the beta's.

Anyways, Thanks again CJT and Palmer! You guys are a big help!
  16. Soaring

Soaring Guest

I couldn't resist, I had to print the cover page :cry:

Anyways, for the finsihed model, the cover page and last page are parts OF the model. They form into the stand of the model. Pretty Nifty eh? :D

As for this Gundam, I may be off it for a few days, I gotta get work done for the grading period, and jump to some threads I haven't updated in a LONG Time. You can only guess which ones those are...:)

Attached Files:

17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Pause the design...? --Oh Soaring, designs always come before builds! :D
  18. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

LOL! I agree with that! :)

I always put builds on hold while I design. Actaully I only put designs on hold for other designs. LOL It's a wonder I ever get anything done at all!
  19. Soaring

Soaring Guest

I do what I have to as I move along :)
  20. Soaring

Soaring Guest

:woot1:I've recieved news one of the Beta Builders have completed the first file. For that, the unnamed Character deserves a ::woot1:

Pssst, Mr.Palmer, I forgot to put this last portion in the email, you glued the kneecap wrong :) It goes the other way :D