Designing the F2G

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Willja67, Jan 31, 2006.

1. charliec

charliec Active Member

Oops - sorry about the duplicate post

Much older than that. Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice (1596):

"Shall I bend low and, in a bondman’s key,
    With bated breath, and whispring humblenesse"

- bated is a contraction of abated (to bring down, lower or depress)

Cite - http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/56550.html - also shows where
    the "baited" usage comes from.

Regards,

Charlie
  2. charliec

charliec Active Member

Oops - sorry about the duplicate post

Much older than that. Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice (1596):

"Shall I bend low and, in a bondman’s key,
    With bated breath, and whispring humblenesse"

- bated is a contraction of abated (to bring down, lower or depress)

Cite - http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/56550.html - also shows where
    the "baited" usage comes from.

Regards,

Charlie
  3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I see that John has made tremendous strides in aquiring patience:twisted: .

I hope that it works all right. The reason for the elaborate frame was some comments I read about another Corsair model design (I can't remember wich one) that didn't hold it's wing shape very well and I wanted to make sure that didn't happen on my model. Skinning the fuselage through the frame will be interesting to say the least but the arrangement does allow me to hide the fuselage seam at that point completely
  4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I see that John has made tremendous strides in aquiring patience:twisted: .

I hope that it works all right. The reason for the elaborate frame was some comments I read about another Corsair model design (I can't remember wich one) that didn't hold it's wing shape very well and I wanted to make sure that didn't happen on my model. Skinning the fuselage through the frame will be interesting to say the least but the arrangement does allow me to hide the fuselage seam at that point completely
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

well being the good ole southern country boy I am........... anytime somebody says bated............ I think baited............. and start looking for the fishing hole or checking the ground for corn!!

Still got to work on that patiences thing............. Man......... how long does it take.........I'm tired of waiting for it!:grin:

john
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

well being the good ole southern country boy I am........... anytime somebody says bated............ I think baited............. and start looking for the fishing hole or checking the ground for corn!!

Still got to work on that patiences thing............. Man......... how long does it take.........I'm tired of waiting for it!:grin:

john
  7. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Long Overdue

Well excepting things that will be redesigned as deficiencies are found (a certainty) here are the 10 pages of parts that make up the model. This is mostly to show that progress has been made! The end is in sight!

[​IMG]
  8. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Long Overdue

Well excepting things that will be redesigned as deficiencies are found (a certainty) here are the 10 pages of parts that make up the model. This is mostly to show that progress has been made! The end is in sight!

[​IMG]
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

holy crap ... 10 pages???

What scale is this???
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

holy crap ... 10 pages???

What scale is this???
  11. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Scale is 1/32. The pages are perhaps a bit smaller than needed. The rectangles are 10.5 x 8 inches. I figured that way it would be printable on letter and A4.
  12. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Scale is 1/32. The pages are perhaps a bit smaller than needed. The rectangles are 10.5 x 8 inches. I figured that way it would be printable on letter and A4.
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Wow ... thats shapig up to be a detail contender to pretty much any model out there. I dont think you will have fitment problems outside of what media is used with the amount of work you have put into this project.
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Wow ... thats shapig up to be a detail contender to pretty much any model out there. I dont think you will have fitment problems outside of what media is used with the amount of work you have put into this project.
  15. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I sure hope fit isn't an issue. I've used pretty much the same technique to clean the parts up that I did with Airwolf and it didn't need redesign. To clarify that sometimes Rhino will unroll parts with bumps near corners and I have been unable to figure out how to get good stuff without cleaning it up after unrolling.

The first parts of the frame are together (about half of what was shown in the previous pic). I'll just manage to get an entry in the Challenge thread.
  16. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I sure hope fit isn't an issue. I've used pretty much the same technique to clean the parts up that I did with Airwolf and it didn't need redesign. To clarify that sometimes Rhino will unroll parts with bumps near corners and I have been unable to figure out how to get good stuff without cleaning it up after unrolling.

The first parts of the frame are together (about half of what was shown in the previous pic). I'll just manage to get an entry in the Challenge thread.
  17. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Well I've posted these in the challenge thread but I figure they might as well go here as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The model is progressing nicely. I've had two fit issues so far. The first was in the right console in the cockpit and the 2nd was in the fuselage skin just forward of the cockpit. Both have now been resolved, and I'm working on the inboard section of the wings (pics tommorrow hopefully).

Would anyone be interested in seeing the prep work needed to get Corel Draw to work on the drawings? I have received a significant amount of help from other members of this forum without which this model probably wouldn't be to the point it is now and if I can help others then I am happy to do so.
    I guess the question really is "Is there anyone who'll be attempting this and needs to know how it's done?".
  18. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Well I've posted these in the challenge thread but I figure they might as well go here as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The model is progressing nicely. I've had two fit issues so far. The first was in the right console in the cockpit and the 2nd was in the fuselage skin just forward of the cockpit. Both have now been resolved, and I'm working on the inboard section of the wings (pics tommorrow hopefully).

Would anyone be interested in seeing the prep work needed to get Corel Draw to work on the drawings? I have received a significant amount of help from other members of this forum without which this model probably wouldn't be to the point it is now and if I can help others then I am happy to do so.
    I guess the question really is "Is there anyone who'll be attempting this and needs to know how it's done?".
  19. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

Yes. I would definitly like to see a tutorial. I would like to try to make 'Squad 51' and maybe one of the 2 'Engine 51s'. At least they are mostly square!

I need ALL the help I can get!!
  20. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

Yes. I would definitly like to see a tutorial. I would like to try to make 'Squad 51' and maybe one of the 2 'Engine 51s'. At least they are mostly square!

I need ALL the help I can get!!