Designing the F2G

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Willja67, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Beta Builder Wanted

At present I have about 5 pages worth of parts layed out and maybe another 3 to go and since I really am not a really good or fast builder I was wondering if someone would volunteer to test build it when I'm ready(another month probably). I only want one and he/she has to be someone who has demonstrated an ability to build quickly and well. The only compensation I can offer will be a free model once I get it ready for release, again that could take awhile.
  2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Beta Builder Wanted

At present I have about 5 pages worth of parts layed out and maybe another 3 to go and since I really am not a really good or fast builder I was wondering if someone would volunteer to test build it when I'm ready(another month probably). I only want one and he/she has to be someone who has demonstrated an ability to build quickly and well. The only compensation I can offer will be a free model once I get it ready for release, again that could take awhile.
  3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

So close and yet...

Just thought I'd give a progress report since it's been so long. This isn't all I've got done but it gives a good idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top pic is the wing frame and right wing skin and the bottom is the fuselage.

I have most of the tail layed out and I haven't even started on the engine.

But even on the stuff you see here there is still a lot of work to be done.
  4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

So close and yet...

Just thought I'd give a progress report since it's been so long. This isn't all I've got done but it gives a good idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top pic is the wing frame and right wing skin and the bottom is the fuselage.

I have most of the tail layed out and I haven't even started on the engine.

But even on the stuff you see here there is still a lot of work to be done.
  5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

A teaser

The model is still a long way (almost a discouragingly long way) from done but it's getting there and I felt the need to show some progress since it's been so long, so here it is:

[​IMG]

I tried printing it out and it looked pretty good except that where the letters are printed over the red part the ink bled so the edges are blotchy. Anyone know how to fix that?
  6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

A teaser

The model is still a long way (almost a discouragingly long way) from done but it's getting there and I felt the need to show some progress since it's been so long, so here it is:

[​IMG]

I tried printing it out and it looked pretty good except that where the letters are printed over the red part the ink bled so the edges are blotchy. Anyone know how to fix that?
  7. Gil

Gil Active Member

Willja67, Beautiful work!

Bleeding is a combination of factors. I suspect that you've turned the print saturation way up to obtain a good red. The printer is splashing all kinds of ink to comply, ergo, bleeding. I've that using presentation paper yields a really crisp output with a matte finish and coupled with very little bleeding effects. I use this paper for a lot of graphics output because of it's ability to produce highly saturated colors. The brand I use is Kromecote. -Gil
  8. Gil

Gil Active Member

Willja67, Beautiful work!

Bleeding is a combination of factors. I suspect that you've turned the print saturation way up to obtain a good red. The printer is splashing all kinds of ink to comply, ergo, bleeding. I've that using presentation paper yields a really crisp output with a matte finish and coupled with very little bleeding effects. I use this paper for a lot of graphics output because of it's ability to produce highly saturated colors. The brand I use is Kromecote. -Gil
  9. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Well Gil I'll have to look for that paper but I'd like a glossy finish to better simulate the real thing. So does the brand you mention come in glossy?
  10. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Well Gil I'll have to look for that paper but I'd like a glossy finish to better simulate the real thing. So does the brand you mention come in glossy?
  11. Gil

Gil Active Member

Kromekote

It comes in all types. I've only used the presentation type. I've learned after wasting several reams of paper that you can really waste a lot of time and paper attempting to get the right color "fix". The correct spelling for the brand is "Kromekote" and can be found on the net. This is an ongoing problem for all cardmodelers, that is trying to obtain consistent color graphics output. -Gil
  12. Gil

Gil Active Member

Kromekote

It comes in all types. I've only used the presentation type. I've learned after wasting several reams of paper that you can really waste a lot of time and paper attempting to get the right color "fix". The correct spelling for the brand is "Kromekote" and can be found on the net. This is an ongoing problem for all cardmodelers, that is trying to obtain consistent color graphics output. -Gil
  13. Willja67

Willja67 Member

The last couple of days I have been making some real visible progress on this project and on Tuesday I'll get to see the subject in person! I'm going to Oshkosh and will finally get to see this beautiful bird.

For now I'll just give some stats on the model:

Fuselage parts: 90+ (not counting engine or tail gear)

Engine: If your crazy enough to build all 28 cylinders about 190

wings and tail: Haven't counted yet.

This is kind of an intersting model, some parts are pretty detailed others are not so much. Definately the product of an A.D.D. impaired designer. Hopefully she'll be well received though.

I'm within a couple days(week at most) of being able to start a test build.
  14. Willja67

Willja67 Member

The last couple of days I have been making some real visible progress on this project and on Tuesday I'll get to see the subject in person! I'm going to Oshkosh and will finally get to see this beautiful bird.

For now I'll just give some stats on the model:

Fuselage parts: 90+ (not counting engine or tail gear)

Engine: If your crazy enough to build all 28 cylinders about 190

wings and tail: Haven't counted yet.

This is kind of an intersting model, some parts are pretty detailed others are not so much. Definately the product of an A.D.D. impaired designer. Hopefully she'll be well received though.

I'm within a couple days(week at most) of being able to start a test build.
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Still watching with baited breath................. where the heck did that saying come from???!!

Have fun at the show.......... no hurry.......... we'll wait on the model........... really............ the wife has tons of stuff for me to do............ so don't worry.........

really........... it's not like we ain't got other F2G Corsairs to build or anything ya know...................:grin:

Take some GOOD pictures for us poor slobs that can't make it up there!:grin:

john
  16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Still watching with baited breath................. where the heck did that saying come from???!!

Have fun at the show.......... no hurry.......... we'll wait on the model........... really............ the wife has tons of stuff for me to do............ so don't worry.........

really........... it's not like we ain't got other F2G Corsairs to build or anything ya know...................:grin:

Take some GOOD pictures for us poor slobs that can't make it up there!:grin:

john
  17. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

<Still watching with baited breath................. where the heck did that saying come from???!!>

It comes from the cat who ate cheese, and sat by the mousehole.

Willja's picture of the wingroot and fuselage frameworks is very impressive.
  18. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

<Still watching with baited breath................. where the heck did that saying come from???!!>

It comes from the cat who ate cheese, and sat by the mousehole.

Willja's picture of the wingroot and fuselage frameworks is very impressive.
  19. charliec

charliec Active Member

Much older than that. Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice (1596):

"Shall I bend low and, in a bondman’s key,
    With bated breath, and whispring humblenesse"

- bated is a contraction of abated (to bring down, lower or depress)

Cite - http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/56550.html - also shows where
    the "baited" usage comes from.

Regards,

Charlie
  20. charliec

charliec Active Member

Much older than that. Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice (1596):

"Shall I bend low and, in a bondman’s key,
    With bated breath, and whispring humblenesse"

- bated is a contraction of abated (to bring down, lower or depress)

Cite - http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/56550.html - also shows where
    the "baited" usage comes from.

Regards,

Charlie