Designing the F2G

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Willja67, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Major Milestone (again)

I beleive that I have designed all the parts that will go into this model. I also have created most of the instruction diagrams. There are one or 2 more to go then I can lay them all out in the final version. After that all I have to do is paint the model for the final time, number the parts and diagrams, add a little bit of text and then it's ready for the independent test builder.

Here are the instruction diagrams I have so far:

[​IMG]

Edit, I realized that I had supposedly already had this major milestone but that was before I went throught the whole model with a fine toothed comb. Well now I have and at least I can say having the instruction diagrams to where they would at least work if not be as good as they could be does qualify as a major milestone.
  2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Major Milestone (again)

I beleive that I have designed all the parts that will go into this model. I also have created most of the instruction diagrams. There are one or 2 more to go then I can lay them all out in the final version. After that all I have to do is paint the model for the final time, number the parts and diagrams, add a little bit of text and then it's ready for the independent test builder.

Here are the instruction diagrams I have so far:

[​IMG]

Edit, I realized that I had supposedly already had this major milestone but that was before I went throught the whole model with a fine toothed comb. Well now I have and at least I can say having the instruction diagrams to where they would at least work if not be as good as they could be does qualify as a major milestone.
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Down to the Last Details...,

Congratulations! Good detailed instructions are what makes a difference for many modelers. I've noticed that Halinski now includes detailed graphic instruction in their offering which helps cross the language barrier.

Best regards, -Gil
  4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Down to the Last Details...,

Congratulations! Good detailed instructions are what makes a difference for many modelers. I've noticed that Halinski now includes detailed graphic instruction in their offering which helps cross the language barrier.

Best regards, -Gil
  5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Getting there

[​IMG]

This shows the 11 pages of parts all printed out and ready for a build attempt. Mostly I just printed them out cause mistakes and incomplete items show up a lot better on the printed sheet plus it's easier to number this way.

I have Bill (aka silverw) lined up to do a test build when I finish the instructions, but I'm also thinking of releasing the model before he's done. I'm pretty sure the model is buildable but may yet have a few mistakes that need to be corrected. I probably shouldn't jump the gun but man it's tempting.
  6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Getting there

[​IMG]

This shows the 11 pages of parts all printed out and ready for a build attempt. Mostly I just printed them out cause mistakes and incomplete items show up a lot better on the printed sheet plus it's easier to number this way.

I have Bill (aka silverw) lined up to do a test build when I finish the instructions, but I'm also thinking of releasing the model before he's done. I'm pretty sure the model is buildable but may yet have a few mistakes that need to be corrected. I probably shouldn't jump the gun but man it's tempting.
  7. Gil

Gil Active Member

I don't see the instructions Will? What happend to them?

-Gil
  8. Gil

Gil Active Member

I don't see the instructions Will? What happend to them?

-Gil
  9. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I don't really need the instruction sheets printed out to do the numbering. My brand of numbering requires that I know the exact order of construction. So I just look at the parts sheets decide what order it gets built pencil in the numbers then fill them in on the computer for both the diagrams and parts sheets. The page in the middle row left side has a lot of unused space I might end up putting one or two of the diagrams on there.

For those of you who are interested my plan is to number this like I did Airwolf with the differnent assemblies having a letter and a number, so the first series starts off with A1 and so on.
  10. Gil

Gil Active Member

Will, Can you make a page/part number index also? -Gil
  11. Willja67

Willja67 Member

That's in the works. I was going to do that for Airwolf but I didn't have excel at the time and it ended up being more of a pain in the butt than I wanted to deal with.
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Geez. Slap a cover on it jam it in plastic and put it on a shelf.

Looks like a professional package.
  13. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Need opinions folks

I can't do this for all the parts but I'm adding some of the construction diagrams right into the parts pages and the attatchment is one example. I was going to tell you what it is but can you tell and more importantly can you tell how it's supposed to go together?

[​IMG]
  14. silverw

silverw Member

Will...
    Looks like the center part of the propeller (spinner?).
    That method can't hurt.... the only thing is that after you have cut out the parts.... the diagram is sort of destroyed.

... Go for it!
  15. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Looks pretty clear to me! Actually that would work perfect for me since I can't cut out too many parts at once. Got a 2 year old here, if I taped all the cut out parts to the ceiling he would still find a way to get them and "Help Daddy".... Suprisingly he leaves the full pages alone though.
    Gotta love them kids!
    Lookin good man, keep up the good work.
  16. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Looks very self-explanitory to me, and very professional too:twisted:
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

excellent job! hopefully someday I will have the skill to put one of your beauties together.
    Chris
  18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Gil............... there has been another report of a reverse petal part............you better try and get this sighting confirmed:grin:

Will the hub looks fantastic!

john
  19. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Thanks guys for your comments. You'll notice that I put in a couple of little diagrams to show that joining strips are to be used to assemble the parts, was that obvious? Also you'll note the F's, the prop blade bases can only fit one way and the F (stands for front) marks the way they should go. Was that clear?

John, Yes Gils thread way back when was inspiration to try the reverse petal method.
  20. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

This is very cool! Are these pages formatted for A4, Letter or 11.25 x 11? It sure would be nice to start seeing kits formatted for the later as they would work well in Europe as well as North America.

Cheers --- Larry