Designing the F2G

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Willja67, Jan 31, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

dang thats good!! and this is your second creation correct? keep it up I know I am really enjoying the progression :)
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

dang thats good!! and this is your second creation correct? keep it up I know I am really enjoying the progression :)
  3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

It appears I suffered a little from dyslexia while typing that last post, it's the left wing that has too much twist not the right.

@cgutzmer: This is my second Rhino creation, I have actually been designing card models for about 20 years now.
  4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

It appears I suffered a little from dyslexia while typing that last post, it's the left wing that has too much twist not the right.

@cgutzmer: This is my second Rhino creation, I have actually been designing card models for about 20 years now.
  5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Been building a little slow lately but I have managed to build 1 aileron and 1 elevator. Both validated my design but there is room for improvement. I'll only show the elevator in this post cause I'd like to document the construction of the other aileron. There is a fit issue with the elevator as shown in this pic,

[​IMG]

The trailing edge sticks past the base part(attatched to the fuse). I think it's a combo of the elevator is too long and the base is too short.

The rest are just some pics to show off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did have a fairly elaborate set of internal frames for the stabs and elevators like the Halinsky kits that I've heard cursed on this forum and I've decided that these parts hold their shape good enough without all that extra stuff that I'm doing away with those parts.
  6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Been building a little slow lately but I have managed to build 1 aileron and 1 elevator. Both validated my design but there is room for improvement. I'll only show the elevator in this post cause I'd like to document the construction of the other aileron. There is a fit issue with the elevator as shown in this pic,

[​IMG]

The trailing edge sticks past the base part(attatched to the fuse). I think it's a combo of the elevator is too long and the base is too short.

The rest are just some pics to show off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did have a fairly elaborate set of internal frames for the stabs and elevators like the Halinsky kits that I've heard cursed on this forum and I've decided that these parts hold their shape good enough without all that extra stuff that I'm doing away with those parts.
  7. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Major Milestone

Just thought I'd announce that design work is hopefully complete. I have finalized the parts pages and will start painting tommorrow then when I can get the instructions done I'll send it to my test builder and he'll see if everything fits okay.
  8. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Major Milestone

Just thought I'd announce that design work is hopefully complete. I have finalized the parts pages and will start painting tommorrow then when I can get the instructions done I'll send it to my test builder and he'll see if everything fits okay.
  9. Gil

Gil Active Member

Who Ray!

Will, You get the Who Ray for the Day..., Now the hard part, telling others how to interpret what you really meant to say. Most ADDs have a problem with instructions so make lots of nice pictures instead. Have you got a copy of Bongo? -Gil
  10. Gil

Gil Active Member

Who Ray!

Will, You get the Who Ray for the Day..., Now the hard part, telling others how to interpret what you really meant to say. Most ADDs have a problem with instructions so make lots of nice pictures instead. Have you got a copy of Bongo? -Gil
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I second the pics ;) this looks awesome. I promise one day I will airwolf done too :) how does this one compare for difficulty in your opinion?
    Chris
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I second the pics ;) this looks awesome. I promise one day I will airwolf done too :) how does this one compare for difficulty in your opinion?
    Chris
  13. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Gil, what's Bongo?

Chris, I rated Airwolf as a 6 out of 10 this will be a level or two harder. Although for all those who have built the GPM Corsair I think it's easier than that.
  14. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Gil, what's Bongo?

Chris, I rated Airwolf as a 6 out of 10 this will be a level or two harder. Although for all those who have built the GPM Corsair I think it's easier than that.
  15. Gil

Gil Active Member

Will, I should have said "Penguin". Sorry. It's the non-photorealistic renderer compatible with Rhino. It gives a simplified "cartoon like" appearence to views when rendered. -Gil
  16. Gil

Gil Active Member

Will, I should have said "Penguin". Sorry. It's the non-photorealistic renderer compatible with Rhino. It gives a simplified "cartoon like" appearence to views when rendered. -Gil
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

well darn, I better take another crack at airwolf first then :)
    Thanks for your hard work!
    Chris
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

well darn, I better take another crack at airwolf first then :)
    Thanks for your hard work!
    Chris
  19. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Why Why Why???

I just decided that major redesign is needed on a couple of parts. My canopy frame rails are not parallel:mad: :cry: ! I noticed this while designing but thought nothing of it but the canopy cannot really be expected to slide on tracks that get narrower while the width of the canopy and it's mountings on the tracks stay the same!

Butchers bill will be 2 fuselage sections 1 former their attendant joining strips the canopy about 50% of the cockpit gets redesigned. Anyone care to make the trip out here to shoot me?
  20. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Why Why Why???

I just decided that major redesign is needed on a couple of parts. My canopy frame rails are not parallel:mad: :cry: ! I noticed this while designing but thought nothing of it but the canopy cannot really be expected to slide on tracks that get narrower while the width of the canopy and it's mountings on the tracks stay the same!

Butchers bill will be 2 fuselage sections 1 former their attendant joining strips the canopy about 50% of the cockpit gets redesigned. Anyone care to make the trip out here to shoot me?