Designing the F2G

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Willja67, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Cockpit

Well I've done most of the cockpit now and if the colors on parts have looked strange on some of the parts all I can say is that the color looks different on the screen than it does printed out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some modifications are in order. The seat is too wide. it fits really snug between the canopy rails and as I said the colors are horendous. Looks like something out of 70's home decor which in my opinion was absolutely hideous. The lime green seat belts are a prime example of that.
  2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Cockpit

Well I've done most of the cockpit now and if the colors on parts have looked strange on some of the parts all I can say is that the color looks different on the screen than it does printed out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some modifications are in order. The seat is too wide. it fits really snug between the canopy rails and as I said the colors are horendous. Looks like something out of 70's home decor which in my opinion was absolutely hideous. The lime green seat belts are a prime example of that.
  3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

The end is in sight!

For the engine at least. I've got some redesign to do to make the engine easier to build. I wish I could figure out why all my pics are coming out blurry, but if they weren't you would see that the build is exceptionally sloppy. The cylinders all have to be rotated to the same angle to look right and not have the pushrods interfere with one another and so I think I need an alignment mark especially for the top and bottom half of the cylinders themselves and maybe a mark on the engine block. It is possible to do it without (I figured it out halfway through) but it's tough. So here are some really bad pics just to give you an idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been fighting my ADD by building other parts to break the monotony and I put on the base of the tail and some detail in the rear deck. The canopy crossbar isn't glued down yet.

[​IMG]
  4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

The end is in sight!

For the engine at least. I've got some redesign to do to make the engine easier to build. I wish I could figure out why all my pics are coming out blurry, but if they weren't you would see that the build is exceptionally sloppy. The cylinders all have to be rotated to the same angle to look right and not have the pushrods interfere with one another and so I think I need an alignment mark especially for the top and bottom half of the cylinders themselves and maybe a mark on the engine block. It is possible to do it without (I figured it out halfway through) but it's tough. So here are some really bad pics just to give you an idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been fighting my ADD by building other parts to break the monotony and I put on the base of the tail and some detail in the rear deck. The canopy crossbar isn't glued down yet.

[​IMG]
  5. GT5500

GT5500 Member

What kind of camera are you using?, the pics look like they are out of focus.
  6. GT5500

GT5500 Member

What kind of camera are you using?, the pics look like they are out of focus.
  7. Willja67

Willja67 Member

The camera is my little bros who currnetly is the still photographer for a movie and he showed me how to use the macro setting and how to rest it on something when taking closeups so I don't shake it. It's just a little olympus digital camera.
  8. Willja67

Willja67 Member

The camera is my little bros who currnetly is the still photographer for a movie and he showed me how to use the macro setting and how to rest it on something when taking closeups so I don't shake it. It's just a little olympus digital camera.
  9. Alcides

Alcides Member

The plane is looking more and more nice

And about the pictures. Check the minimun focus distance for the camera in macro setting.
    The background is ok but the foreground is blurred. The camera this too much near the object.

Regards
    Alcides
  10. Alcides

Alcides Member

The plane is looking more and more nice

And about the pictures. Check the minimun focus distance for the camera in macro setting.
    The background is ok but the foreground is blurred. The camera this too much near the object.

Regards
    Alcides
  11. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Looks to me like the camera is not focusing on the right part of the shot, if you check the manual you should find there are some options for the focus point. Another thing to try is using manual focus, a lot of macro cameras can't autofocus at close range sometimes good old manual is the best.
  12. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Looks to me like the camera is not focusing on the right part of the shot, if you check the manual you should find there are some options for the focus point. Another thing to try is using manual focus, a lot of macro cameras can't autofocus at close range sometimes good old manual is the best.
  13. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I've started doing multiple shots when I photograph. Usually I try the autofocus and then do several with manual focus. I have to get back from the subject far enough that it can focus, so shoot at a high resolution back away from the model some and plan on cropping the image later.

I am going to try apperature priority sometime to see if I can shoot with the smallest apperature possibly but I have to read my camera manual.

--Lizzie
  14. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I've started doing multiple shots when I photograph. Usually I try the autofocus and then do several with manual focus. I have to get back from the subject far enough that it can focus, so shoot at a high resolution back away from the model some and plan on cropping the image later.

I am going to try apperature priority sometime to see if I can shoot with the smallest apperature possibly but I have to read my camera manual.

--Lizzie
  15. GT5500

GT5500 Member

There is a most excellent tutorial on shooting pics on the canon camera's website. And since most cameras use the same logos and symbols it is very useful even if you don't have a cannon.
  16. GT5500

GT5500 Member

There is a most excellent tutorial on shooting pics on the canon camera's website. And since most cameras use the same logos and symbols it is very useful even if you don't have a cannon.
  17. Gil

Gil Active Member

Hi Will,

Go to the camera menu and put it in close up mode (I suspect it was in portrait mode). This should eliminate the focus point problem. Shots with the subject in situ can be accomplished but you have to be very careful not to violate the minimum focal length which will blur the whole shot and you have to insure that there is enough detail of some sort that the camera can use as a focus measure. Try to select a focal area that is normal to the camera (perpendicular). This eliminates depth of field hunting by the auto focus control. Keep on using the timer control to eliminate operator induced motion blur.

And you thought it would be easy..., -Gil
  18. Gil

Gil Active Member

Hi Will,

Go to the camera menu and put it in close up mode (I suspect it was in portrait mode). This should eliminate the focus point problem. Shots with the subject in situ can be accomplished but you have to be very careful not to violate the minimum focal length which will blur the whole shot and you have to insure that there is enough detail of some sort that the camera can use as a focus measure. Try to select a focal area that is normal to the camera (perpendicular). This eliminates depth of field hunting by the auto focus control. Keep on using the timer control to eliminate operator induced motion blur.

And you thought it would be easy..., -Gil
  19. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Engine Block is finished!

Unfortunately it needs some redesign. I've come to the conclusion that the spiral pattern is too tight. So along with the other things mentioned that will be fixed soon.

Thanks all for your tips about taking good pics but my previously mentioned brother gave me pretty much all those hints before you all got the chance and I guess it did some good:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a little embarrasing cause now ya'll can see how sloppy the build is without having to take my word for it.

Notice how close together the rocker arms are together. I think loosening the spiral will help with that.

But in any case it's time to go to bed.
  20. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Engine Block is finished!

Unfortunately it needs some redesign. I've come to the conclusion that the spiral pattern is too tight. So along with the other things mentioned that will be fixed soon.

Thanks all for your tips about taking good pics but my previously mentioned brother gave me pretty much all those hints before you all got the chance and I guess it did some good:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a little embarrasing cause now ya'll can see how sloppy the build is without having to take my word for it.

Notice how close together the rocker arms are together. I think loosening the spiral will help with that.

But in any case it's time to go to bed.