Derelict (Alien)

Vger1981

Thanks guys. Well, I got stuck with this for a long time, so I started from basic texture again and there is some nice progress now. I can say that about 80% of texturing work is done. I hope it will "works" all together on model. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please continue. It would be treat to display your model and UHU02's Juggernaut side by side. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
There were many of those ships on that planet, and I am sure they all didn't look exactly alike! :)

Vger1981

Well, I don't accept anything from Prometheus universe as a part of Alien cannon. For me, the Space Jockey is a pilot of the mysterious race, not some rubber grey guy in the suit. As we can see, Derelict is some kind of biomechanic ship, and I like it that way. On the other side, UHU02 is texturing his Juggernaut with more conventional greebling, we can see some kind of panels and shapes similar to human industrial work and more metallic look. Those ships are far away from each other, and I don't like the idea they are made by one race. Anyway, that side by side comparison could be interesting... ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
They could be the same race at war with themselves, kind of like what we humans do upon occasion. ;)

Vger1981

Nah, I think these are not fifties to make movies with men in rubber suits, engineers race should look very different, even with this "they created us" idea. But ok, Engineers or Space Jockeys, they are warmongers as hell, so they need to modernise their fleet and we can have two different era badass spaceships! :)

Well, the question is: Cinematic, or Giger's colour tone?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BOTH!!! :King:

This would be a fantastic addition to the fleet; just remember, Jan made his Sulaco in three different tones.

The blueish version would fit very nicely beside her (and it is my favourite so far. ;) )

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Funny, I like the Grey because everything on the planet has a bluish tone, so if you went with Grey, it would be nice, you couldn't go wrong with either colors. A U.S. Coast Guard version with the Orange stripe would even look cool!! :)

Vger1981

All right then, I've got three versions finished, blue, brown and black/white, 12 pages with 58 parts. Seems ok, but there is not a single one straight line on this baby, so it will not be that easy... Now I need to finish the instructions and we are ready to go. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd be happy to test it before you upload the kit. I'll send you a PM. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Alright, here we go! :)

Vger was so kind to send me the template for the kit for assessment and testing. Thank you very much for that, pal! thumbsup

My first impression is: This is one gorgeous kit! The texture alone has rendered me speechless and I can't wait to see everything assembled. The amount of work he has put into the kit is overwhelming and I really hope that all parts will assemble fine (if not, I will force them to exactly do that ;) ). I have printed the pages and cut out the first parts. Pictures will follow soon. If Vger approves I will post any updates here to keep everything in one place which makes following the build progress a bit easier. What do you think? :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
PLEASE let me know when you upload this so I can make a VERY BIG DEAL about it!! :)