Derailment pics

65GASSER

Anyone else have some to share?
badcrash.JPG

hooknlad

I just got an idea - perhaps we could start a forum on the derailment pictures and perhaps caption them on the funny side , as to what the engineer might have been thinking at the time of the incident. Ie: "yikes", "oh, oh", "I guess ill be getting tomorrow off anyhow", " Practicing the lines - Would you like that supersized ? Would you like cheese on your burger? " , etc.............

65GASSER

I wish I knew more about those pics. Like how fast was that freight going to wad up like that and exactly what was going through the engineers mind in that Santa fe locowhen it broke through the wall .

65GASSER

TruckLover said:
What the heck happened in the first one?

The only thing I can figure is a rail gave while it was coming through and the speed of the cars started a domino effect. Quite a mess!

It's not a digital picture. It has to be 35mm and the negative reversed. Either that or I have just acquired dyslexia. All the print on the cars are backwards.

Lynn

ezdays

Out AZ way
Actually, it's flipped. Easy to do in a photo app. Here's the image flipped back:

Attachments

• Derail.jpg
    Derail.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 250
L

lester perry

I have posrted these before but I will again just for this thread.

100_0516.jpg

100_0520.jpg

100_0522.jpg

100_0527.jpg

Hope this is what you are looking for.
Les

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
yeah, i had a derailment the other day on my layout, where my U34Ch shooved a bunch of NJT cars off the rails while in push mode. somewhere along the line the cab car derailed, and it hit the diamond on my layout, and careened unde a bridge, but managed to not hit it or the wate tower just past it.... i didn't get any pictures, but it looked convincing. It would have been a bad day for someone.