derailing is getting the best of me

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by photoman, Jan 10, 2007.

1. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

The other possibility with your wheels is that they are in gauge, but both wheels are shifted towards one end of the axel. This can cause the whole truck to move slightly sideways down the track, and allow the flange to catch.

I think you are "on the right track" to swap out the wheels and/or trucks. Sorry for the pun...! ;)

Andrew
  2. iis612

iis612 Member

I too purchased a large amount of ez track. I have found that "point picking" happens alot. The problem that I have encountered the most is there is nothing maintaining tension on the point to the stock rail.
    That means that general vibration can cause the switch to open partially.
  3. stanC

stanC Member

gluing my flex track down

I glue the track down using a hot melt glue gun. It is quick and easy and not all that difficult to take off if you want to move it.
    Stan

4. stanC

stanC Member

gluing my flex track down

I use a hot melt with a glue gun to stick the track down. It is quick and easy and not to difficult to take off if you want to move it
    Stan

5. avlisk

avlisk New Member

Hi, stanC. I tried the hot glue gun first, but found the glue would dry too quickly and I'd be left with hard lumps of glue and lumpy track. I guess there is a way to do it, since you are happy with the results, but I couldn't master it. With the caulk, I have hours for set-up time, and can do dozens of feet at a time. I just couldn't figure out how to do it with the hot glue gun. Different strokes, as they say. Ken S.