Der der der, diddle-er diddle-er, der der der

Heckler

No-one would have believed, in the last years of the 19th century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life on other planets. And yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes, and slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against us.

"The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one," he said.
"The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one - but they still come!"

Attachments

• P1012769.jpg
    P1012769.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
  • P1012770.jpg
    P1012770.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P1012772.jpg
    P1012772.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 9
  • P1012774.jpg
    P1012774.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 9
  • P1012775.jpg
    P1012775.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P1012780.jpg
    P1012780.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 9
  • P1012781.jpg
    P1012781.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 9
  • P1012782.jpg
    P1012782.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 8

Heckler

So for my third model I thought I'd do something completely different from the house models I'd built so far and this certainly was, barely a straight line on the whole thing.

Learning curve, meet deep end, deep end this is learning curve. Hadn't intended to do two of them, but I was struggling and feeling out of my depth so much on the first one I figured I'd make a hash of it so decided to use the first one as a learning experience and build a better second one. As it turned out the first one was alright but I thought why not do two and make the second one even better.

Also being just slightly off white I couldn't do much covering up so I had to be fiendishly precise, but very enjoyable none the less. Will probably do a diorama after Christmas with these two, until then I'm on to some Christmas things.

The url for the plans is Cut & Paste Sci-Fi: Martian Tripod

Marco Scheloske

Ula!

I had the chance to met Jeff Wayne himself personally a couple of years ago, after his concert of "War of the worlds" in Oberhausen, Germany. That was sooooo cool!

I like your paper war machines!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
What a nice collection well done, superb! :)