Depression Era Homes and Businesses?

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by CJTK1701, Jan 2, 2008.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Greetings, I'm building a set of 1/16th Fords, both are model A's one is a Tudor and the other is a truck. I'm wondering if there are any depression era buildings out there that I can scale to fit these cars for a diorama.

Thanks.:thumb:
  2. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Still looking.... I found some buildings that could be rescaled at "Fiddlers Green" but they are the type of thing I'm looking for. I'm really kind of looking for, turn of the century to. depression era homes and businesses. Does anyone know of a place that specializes in that type of build, or era?
  3. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Hi!:wave:

These wonderful buildings (which incredibly are free) could be just the thing you're looking for:

Build Your Own Main Street

I think upscaling to 1/16 is quite a stretch, but these have enough detail that you might be able to pull it off...

Terry

Ping-Pong Ball Cannon and N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at: paperbeam - virtual paper models
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Those are perfect! Thanks! I spent the last four hours looking for exactly that kind of thing. I found a few buildings that were similar and a few textures and was resigned to making my own. Thanks again!:thumb:
  5. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Great find paperbeam!!! I'm downloading them too :D
  6. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Actually, credit Modelbouwbrasser :thumb: for originally finding them - I just recalled that he'd posted them earlier.

Terry

Ping-Pong Cannon and N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at: paperbeam - virtual paper models
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

What scale?

I built one of these kits today approximately what scale is this and are there lil cars and trucks that would fit this scale available.

[​IMG]
  8. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

They are HO-scale, which means 1:87. I don't know about vehicles for this scale, but certainly there are somewhere, cause it's a very common scale.
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

did you take that picture in the middle of the night in a snowstorm with your cell phone? ;) just teasin!

DUDE! Its paper! find any car on the net you like and print it to the size you want and there ya go :)
  10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

HO scale... I'm sure the railroad guys know. I saw some last week, but can't find the freakin link.
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

LOL> No, I've been bouncing back and forth between three different camera and honestly don't have a clue as to how to properly set the settings on any of them.sign1

Yeah, resize paper models. Why didn't I think of that? Doh!
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

My wife has three newer digital cameras and I have an old hand me down from her. I figure if I can t take a picture with superdeeduper automated presets then it must not be worth the money - she goes in and tweaks every setting she can find :)

I cant tell the difference most of the time unless you zoom in 300% :)
  13. Dave Friesen

Dave Friesen New Member

Where did you find the Fords?
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

What can I say? I'll try again.
  15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I bought them at a flea market.
  16. Dave Friesen

Dave Friesen New Member

That's cool. Love to see some pics of them, if you ever find enough time. Time is always a problem for me. Thanks for your reply. Dave
  17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Will do. They're in the garage right now, in primer.:mrgreen:
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Here's what I have.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. I built one of that very same model back in 1966. I painted it beige and black and it looked great. I kept is around for many years but eventually got lost or thrown out. It was a model of one I used to own. I drove it to school in the early 60's. it was my woodshop project so I re-uphostered it and put a new top on it (it was vinyl and rotted out). thanks for the memories. I would like to see her finished.
  20. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow! In 94, I was offered two like this, a truck and a car for $1500.00. The car was a basket case, but the truck was almost done. One of those family things where the guy working on them got nagged out of them. Anyway, I could n't get to the bank fast enough. I got the money together and flew down the road to pay for them. When I got back to the farm the ole guy had sold them and there was a wrecker tied up to the truck and he was coming back for the car. I tried to talk the guy new owner out of the car. It didn't happen. So, when I saw these, I had to have them.