Dennis Information Posts

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
b28_82 said:
I'll be evacuating from the hurricane to Savannah, GA. Hurricanes really put a damper on things. Maybe it'll give me time to finish detailing one of my GP38s

he raises a great point!!!

Everyone in the southeast that wants to "Check-in" ... Let us know what's going on and especially how you are doing!! :)

~~~~~ Best of Luck to all of you!! ~~~~

shaygetz

We're bolting everything down...again...Arlene, Cindy and now Dennis :rolleyes: Heading to a medical needs shelter inland...then pondering a move back up Nawth :D

Woopeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Attachments

• kitten-bounce2.gif
    kitten-bounce2.gif
    44.8 KB · Views: 24

b28_82

We're here in Savannah and as soon as I make it out of the room someone found a museum here for me to go to. It looked like there was a roundhouse and turntable so that'll probably be pretty interesting. Then theres always the hunt for good railfanning spots. I'm sure glad that theres complementary wireless internet too. Hope everyone else is doing alright. Its looking now like the storm is going to plow through navarre so its gonna be worse for us besides the fact that it is a Cat 4

Papa Bear

We made it through okay. We were just on the edge of the storm, and it didn't get too bad here. Our power was out for a while, but is back on now.

Jake, I always say if you gotta' go, go where there's some trains. Bob, loved the pic.

Sir_Prize

Lots of wind and rain here, but just the wind was different the rain was as much as a normal bad rain.
T.D. # 5 looks like its got Florida on its mind.

shaygetz

We made it thru just fine, even with the direct hit. Just got power and phones a couple hours ago. Blessings, BC :thumb:

b28_82

I got back yesterday and was welcomed with power but unfortunately i had to wait till today for cable. I'm not complaining though. Last time i waited 2 weeks for cable. And my power was still out for 2 days after i got back.

I never ended up doing anything with the models. I did stop at the hobby shop in savannah just cuz its there right in the downtown area and my friend wanted to go to "The Book Lady" which is right around the corner. hehe. We went on a ghost tour and closed out the water street area a couple nights. Nothing like getting paid to leave a hurricane. I looove mandatory evacs. One of the reserve airfields on Eglin north of ft walton is crazy up there. The state troopers are staying up there and FEMA and the Army Guard/Reserve? (I thought guard and someone told me it was reserve..) was up there helping fema. I'll have to take some pictures of all of the trucks lining the north side of the taxiway tomorrow. and the hundreds of light trees and generators that are up there. I think there was probably about 300 semis up there and they keep coming and going. I didnt realize it was that crazy up there.

shaygetz

b28_82 said:
I didnt realize it was that crazy up there.

I never knew it at the time but evacuating to Milton put me and my family right in the teeth of the storm. The blessing was to find out that the shelter we were in is rated for a CAT 5 storm. Glad to here you're doing well, I'm probably going to the club on Saturday for some much needed brain draining.

b28_82

haha, I'll be there in the morning. I'm flying out in the evening. good thing you didnt stay at the econolodge in Crestview. Their roof was on the news. Was by there yesterday and the roof is just gone.

I'm probably going to the club on Saturday for some much needed brain draining.

You cant be smoking that kinda stuff around the trains. :D :D

b28_82

Here's some pictures i took today that i finally got uploaded. 1-4 is all of the semis that are staged up there. The last one is my equipment and some of the guys from my shop before we got started setting up.

Attachments

• Duke after Dennis 1.jpg
    Duke after Dennis 1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Duke after Dennis 2.jpg
    Duke after Dennis 2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Duke after Dennis 4.jpg
    Duke after Dennis 4.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Duke after Dennis 3.jpg
    Duke after Dennis 3.jpg