Deleted??

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
Proudly, I added a post to the Track Planning forum area last night. Today I find that it's gone. Sorry to have bothered you "experts" with my puny little design again, but deleting it was rude. :mad::( :mad: I'll be back after I build something more to your standards.

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
It is disapointing that you are leaving, but before you jump to any conclusions please reconcider. This is the tech age and things for unknown reasons occur. Do not get me wrong, I am not blaming you or anyone else but just trying to assist you, are you sure that your post got posted I know I have sent things and they appear to be there, you click out of that thread or topic, come back and not there. Where it has gone is a mistery. I have tried to post pics, it tells me that it is there but when I click on the thread all there is is text. I do not have all the answers but maybe you should contact the modorator and have that person do some checking as to the possible reasons and give you a reply. Speaking for myself I enjoy this site and have obtained an invaluable amount of assistance, wisdom, friendship and information. You are part of this also, I am sure I have received some ideas and enthusim from your input, this is like a big extended family and I for one would not like to see you leave, especially under these circumstances. I am sure that there is some reason as to why it is not there. Ron..

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Aww come on Bonky....if it only happened once ya gotta chalk it up to a 'flipped bit fluke' kind of a thing. Actually within the past few days I got two notices that a thread had been answered but when I went there it wasn't there.

They may be having server problems. Either try again or contact the moderator Dave Hagan, hes always been incredibly supportive.

Don't leave, your layouts are great...some of the best things come in small packages ;)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Why would a thread about a trackplan/layout design be deleted?
As long as it wasn't flaming somebody...was this some kind of techno-glich?
Any mods or admins got an explanation, or at least an appology for msh?

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
msh---don't go man! Farmer Ron said it best. I've enjoyed your posts and threads in the past and have found them informative. I'm sure it was a technical glitch somewhere. Had the same thing happen to a post of mine about a year ago. There one day, gone the next!
&^%$#@$#$% computers!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Hi msh, your post certainly wasn't deleted by myself. Hang around until Shamus shows up, he's the moderator of that forum and may have more info.

Like the guys said, probably just a "gremlin".

Regards
Dave Hagan

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
MSH....Awww come on man!!!....It ain't the end of the world...just post the thing again....Like Dave said its probably just a glitch in the system somewhere....Shamus wouldn't have any reason to delete your post and no one else here on this board besides you could have deleted it without your password. I personally enjoy your posts:) ...Stick around:)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi msh,
Not me either my friend, I wouldn't do that. Must be a glitch somewhere, just re-post it please.
Shamus

Bonky-man,

These guys are here to help us. I'm sure that you have noticed how they OOh and AAh over the posts that we new-guys place out here and tell us how great we're doing. All you have to do is look at their work to realize that they are really trying to encourage us, because they've been there and know how much fun we're having with our crude efforts (well mine anyway).

For example, just look at Shamus' work and then how he always has something complimentary to say about yours and mine. And Shamus is just one example.

Don't go O thou Man with a Thomas!

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
Okay - maybe I jumped off the deep end a bit.

Maybe it's because the day before I learned a system administrator at my office didn't do his job. When my Intranet server's hardware crashed and wiped out the data on the drives, he had NO BACKUPS OF THE DATA!!!!!!

I personally lost 7 months of my design and database work and the company lost more than that of customer information. I'm still trying to rebuild, they cannot. He got fired. I'm still pissed.

So if I got over excited, I apologize. Thanks for the pull back in. I appreciate it a lot.

Repost underway in the Track Planning area.

Yep that is the pits. Missed all the action but i'm glad it worked out for u Bonky. :)

i haved had my episode of flying off the handle too here on the forum. Funny thing, our hobby takes so much patience and i never fly off the handle when working on the railroad, but outside of the railroad i can be just a bear :rolleyes:

And beware of posting, i have had lots of reply posts not show up. Sometimes i repost and sometimes i just leave. Who said computers will make life easier. :(